What Felt Like A Thousand Years

(play this song when I next speak during the story)

Ray POV:

I started fixing the car I did little by little as Trisha requested. While I was fixing the car the garage door opened that connect the house from here. I look up and see Norman.

He comes over and leans on the front of the car and passes me a cup of water. I rejected it but he kept trying to give it to me.

"I'm not going to take it Norman."

"You will, or I will force it down your throat"

Memories of the night came back flooding my mind.

"Sorry, I forgot that was a trigger..."

"..i-its fine, here i-i'll drink!"

I grabbed the cup and chugged it down.

"Ray, you didn't have to do that, it's a hot day so I offered it to you, you didn't have to force it down"

Norman POV:

Ray faked smiled it was so obvious. I mean all the other times they were hidden so well but it was clear as day. He turned around and went back to fixing the car. I see tear drops forming in his eyes. I felt guilty. They started dropped down into the engine.

"FUCK!!"

He pushed the car away from him and and walked outside. Tears streaming down his face. I was going to hug him but I remembered his boundaries.

"Can I hug you?"

I ask him. He nodded his head forcefully.

"Ray. Don't do it because it's nice, do you want a hug or not?"

He hugged me. And cried. I hugged him back which made him tighten the hug. He didn't let go for a solid minute. When he did he wiped his tears away and apologized.

"Sorry about that..."

"It's okay!"

We walked inside and spent the rest of the afternoon mucking around and telling each other jokes.

Day after day the week past quickly and I needed an answer from Ray. We planned to meet up after school. I waited on the outside basketball courts and saw Ray approach.

"Hey Ray"

He started to blush. He handed me a music pod and earplugs then scurried away. I put them in and see one song on there that said to Norman. I played it and immediately I heard Ray talking.

"Hey Norman! If your hearing this then I actually got the courage to give this to you. If you hadn't noticed, I don't give physical affection. I more do small things to give affection, but anyways, here is a song I wrote you"

"Since I can't talk to you in person I want you to go behind the school, before you do pause this recording and when you get there and see me, play this recording again-"

I paused it like he told me to. I walk behind the school and see him there with flowers and a teddy bear. I started the recording

"...Norman, I love you so much and I want to spend as long as I can with you, forever if possible, so please Norman.. be my boyfriend..?"

The recording stopped. His face was as red as a rose. We were standing quite a distance. I walked up to him. And stood right in front of him. The moment was silent and so much tension was in the air. I moved closer and kissed his lips. It was soft and passionate. Not like any of the other ones. This one actually ment something to the both of us. He pulled the head phones off of my head, and moved his hands to my face cheeks.