Chapter 18

August POV

-2 days later-

I saw the building that the interview was taking place.

"Hopefully I look nice" I have a suit on, Lukas did my tie. I smiled at the thought of that.

I walked in. Looking around, I'm a bit stressed. My hands were sweaty. I walked towards the front desk.

"Hi. I'm here for an interview?" I asked the lady behind the desk.

"Name?"

"August Jones" she started to clack away at her keyboard.

"Yes. Scheduled at 2:00PM" I nodded. "Go take a sit, I'll call in the interviewer"

I sat down at a chair nearby. A couple of minutes passed by. My phone buzzed. It was a message from Lukas.

[Lukas: do your best!]

(August: thank you 😊)

"August Jones?" I was called by the interviewer, I'm assuming. I stood up walking toward them. He looked around my dad's age; in his 50's.

"I'm August Jones" they held out their hand. I shook it in return.

"Ray White. I'll be conducting your interview for today" He smiled. "Follow me" we walked us to a selective room. There was a table, few chairs and a projector. "Sit" He pointed down from across him. I listened.

"So I'll start simple. Why should we hire you?" He asked.

"My interests line up with this company. I'm majoring in business as well." I reply. Taking out my resume. Passing it to him. "Here" He smiled.

He asked a lot more questions. It felt a questionnaire.

-

"Well you can expect to hear from us again soon" He said. Standing up.

"Thank you" I smile. Standing up shaking his hand. "Have a good day" I cheered.

"Of course. You too" He smiled.

-

I walked out of the building. Grabbing my phone out of my pocket.

[Calling: Luka 💕]

The phone dialed until he answered. I got to my car.

"Hello?"

"Hi Luka" He gasped a bit.

"Sorry. Just got out of the shower. Did it go well?"

"They're expecting me again" I beamed with joy.

"Woahh. That's good! Good job!" He repiled.

"Yeah! I'm coming over by the way"

"Okay. I'll be waiting. I'll make dinner"

"Mkay. See you soon" He hanged up on me. I got in the car. I can't wait to see him.

-

Lukas POV

I'm planning on making steak with mashed potatoes. Skinning the potatoes, cutting them into pieces. Boiling the water. Seasoning the steaks. After a bit I heard someone riding the door bell. Bailey started to bark. It must be August! I ran to the door.

"Hey Luka!" He hugged me.

"Hi" I repiled. "I'm cooking dinner now"

"Ooh. What's on the menu?" He said, waking inside. Hanging his coat up and removing his shoes.