**~Chapter 2~A New Life~**

~DERIK'S POV~

(Six Months Later)

                "Hello and welcome to the Salty Urchin, my name is Derik and I'll be your waiter tonight." I told the family in front of me. They were a normal looking family, mother, father, a son, and two daughters that kept looking at me from over their menus and then disappearing again when I looked at them, hehe If only they knew.

"What are your specials?" the father asked.
i gave my most professional smile and replied, "glad you asked! Today we have our freshly caught shrimp and scallops that have been grilled with a white truffle oil, hearts of palm, and avocado. or if you're feeling more of a pasta we do have our amazing creamy lemon Lobster pasta, and that comes with your choice of soup or salad."

"oh my well that all sounds lovely!" the wife said, they asked more questions and after a few minutes i finally took their order.

i finished putting in the order and got a gentle nudge, i looked over and saw one of the first work friends i made here at this job. Quinten Laveau a spunky little Sixteen year old with the stereotypical blonde hair and blue eyes, light freckles were scattered across his nose and cheeks, he was twiggy not very much muscle on him, it made him look even more childlike, which would be dangerous in the future since gay guys were all into twinks.

when Quin found out i was gay he took up the courage to tell me he wasn't out and asked for advice on how to do it. during that time i was trying not to laugh a little, because the way he carried himself no matter what you just had to think, "wow that kid's gay as hell" in a good way of course. i had composed myself and gave him the whole speech about doing it when he felt comfortable and not get your hopes up of it being a fairy tale coming out moment like some movies or famous people  made it out to be, and from that day forward he clung to me like an annoying but cute younger brother.

"it's not very busy today huh Derik?" he asked as he refilled his tables drinks. "hopefully we get a decent rush before we close."
"what are you complaining about? you got a hot date or something?" i teased.
he blushed lightly, "no!" he answered quickly, "nothing like that, i just want to save up to finally get a car."
"to go cruise around for guys?" i asked, and that got me a playful jab to my side, and he huffed away cutely.
i chuckled and saw me being waved over by the hostess Steffany, i checked on my table really quickly then walked over, "hey what's up?"
she motioned me to crouch down, i wasn't that tall at only 5' 10" but she was extremely short for a girl 4'7" from what i hear, "hey do you have a sister named Sharron?"
i looked at her suddenly, "did someone call?"
she nodded, "yeah they said she was waiting for you outside. i can finish up with your table if you want to take a quick break not very much to do anyways."
my head was spinning into over drive, it had been so long since i saw that goofy sack i forgot everything else and ran out the door. there was so much i needed to tell her! she was always worried i would end up living out of my car and just stubbornly never come back, but i had a life, a job, and an amazing apartment.

my enthusiasm suddenly turned to disbelief, shock and horror when i saw my worst nightmare leaning against my sisters Honda Civic. his baggy sweats and white shirt covered with a black hoody was hard to miss in this kind of place.

                Arron scanned the area until his dark eyes rested on me, he smiled, and "hey faggot long time no see." He walked over to me casually ignoring the stares and whispers that he passed, I excused myself from the table and went over to him.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered.

"Can't I just come say hi to my new Step brother?" he asked, I had nothing to say to that, my mother had actually done it she married the slop of a boyfriend after all? What was wrong with that woman!