~Chapter~15~The Wait~

Hayle’s POV

My mind was reeling; Aqua was explaining in greater detail to the healer what she will need for the process.

Derik had let her continue, and I think I knew why, he didn’t want to lose his sister after getting her back so soon.  I would have done the same thing in his situation, family was very important to me, and she was family now.

She entered the room and she kicked out all of the healers who had wanted to stay behind and watch what dragon blood could. I suppose she had certain secrets that she didn’t want known.

Derik came over to me looking down to the floor.

I lifted his face so I could see his face, “what’s wrong?”

He shook his head, “it’s nothing.”

I grabbed his face and forced his to look at me when he tried to look down again, “I know you better than that by now, don’t I?”

He smiled slightly at that, “yeah, I guess you do.” He sighed heavily, “I just…wondered if it was right to bring them down here, I mean look what’s happened in only a day!” he threw his hands up in exasperation.

I hugged him and whispered to him, “you brought them here for the exact reason I brought you, you wanted to give them a new life, one that they couldn’t have up there.” I pointed to the surface. “besides, I should have known that Artemis would try something like this, she always thought of herself as  higher being.”

He turned and gave me a chaste kiss, “I guess you’re right, and I gotta say you had horrible taste in women.”

I laughed at that, “so you forgive me for not telling you about her?”

He just laughed and went to comfort Mary, who looked like she wanted to fall asleep right there.

He didn’t answer my question though, and that worried me, more than I was comfortable with.

A few hours passed, Derik and I were still sitting in the hall, and Mary was escorted back to her room and was guarded around the clock, we did not want a repeat of last night.

The entire time Derik was telling me stories about his childhood, and every time Sharon had come to his rescue in multiple situations.

“then there was the time when I slapped this guy’s ass,” I glared at him, “by accident,” he added, “but he didn’t really like it so much so he decided to beat me up.” I flinched slightly, “when I got home Sharon had taken care of me and demanded where the boy lived. After I told her she left and didn’t come back, I was worried until we got a phone call. Sharon had called us from the city jail saying she got arrested for beating up the boy that hurt me.” he chuckled at the memory.

“I asked her why she did what she did when she came back home, and she just smiled and told me ‘because I’m your big sister, and I’m supposed to protect you.’” He wiped his eyes on impulse and I notice that he was crying, “she always protected me, and the one time I had to protect her and I fail.”

“Don’t talk like that, did you already forget out little trip to the surface? You saved not only her, but your mother also.” I rose from my seat and held out my hand to him, “I’m sure she can forgive you this once.”

He smiled up at me and took my hand, “I hope so, she’s probably going to flip out when she finds out she’s going to be a dragon.”

I laughed, because I could imagine it. I was pulling Derik with me through the hall towards our room, he should be well rested for what was planned tomorrow.

We passed through the barrier, and got into bed. As soon as we were situated in each other’s arms I fell asleep.

Aquarius’ POV (XD I love it!)

I sat by Sharon’s side in the Healer’s ward, I had been here hours listening to her moan and thrash about in her sleep.

The blood I had given her when I started had taken effect immediately, it healed her and brought her from her coma, but it was up to her if she accepts this or not, usually when dragons give their blood willingly to someone, the person knows what to expect, but not in Sharon’s case.

I had peaked outside and saw no one there, I should have gotten some sleep, but if something went wrong there would be no one to help.

My ears twitched when I heard shuffling by the door. It opened slightly and a warning growl escaped my lips.

“it’s alright my dear, it’s only me.” The queen Raina’s voice said as she came in.

I relaxed slightly and nodded my head. She swam over to me and observed Sharon.

“when should we expect her awake?” she asked.

“I honestly do not know your majesty, there were certain steps I was supposed to take before I gave her the blood that I was not able to do, but I am confident she will pull through.”

She nodded, “very good. I have never witnessed a dragons healing ability before, would you mind if I stay to observe?”

I nodded, “of course highness, I don’t mind the company either.”

The time passed, and the night had gotten later, I had asked the queen what it was like having a normal life, she had laughed about that, saying that nothing in her life was normal anymore, her son had his Suri, his Suri had great power, His family has come as well to live with them, and a dragon, she said has graced their presence.

“I am sorry ma’am, but I grace no one, the dragons are not the once proud race they used to be.” I dropped my head to my hands, not wanting to look at anything.

“my dear, here you can be however you’d like, the history of this place is great, but I can assure you that wherever history spoke of dragons they were always good, honorable, and graceful.” He pulled my arms down so she could look at my face.

“Derik saw something in you that other around the sea haven’t in a long time, am I correct?”

I nodded my head, smiling slightly at the memory, I had taken the form of a water Fay, and I thought that I was going to spend my life in a cage, being admired by strangers, but Derik said he wanted a friend not a pet. Something in his words led me to reveal myself to him, something that no dragon has done to others in a very long time.

“he wanted a friend.” I said, “I thought I was just a pet before, that’s all I ever was.”

“and now you’re not, you have a family now.” She hugged me and I froze.

I had a family; I’ve never had one before.

I hugged her back, “thank you.”

Before she could say more, I heard a familiar voice, “where…am I?” it asked with a confused tone.

The queen and I looked over to see Sharon sitting up in bed observing the air bubble I had made around her.

I felt something inside of me, like a switch being thrown on.

Sharon….she was….beautiful.

 *********************************************************************************************************************

okay, i know im milking it and its kind of slow but writers block sucks bigg hairy bear balls!

 but i just cant help leaving you guys in suspense! im evil i know. so im going to work on TEMPTATION OF THE SOUL so be prepared for that. its going a bit slow and i might edit the first chapter again, so go and check it out!