~Chapter~7~Sea and Land Life Don't Mix~

Hayle’s POV

I left Derik to his packing he was taking his bangles as a precaution only, and I told him I was going to tell my parents where we were going.

“its out of the question!” my father exclaimed pounding his fist on his thrones armrest, “I forbid it, you know what the humans are like!”

“yes, Derik is just like all the fish eating, scum sucking, uh what was that other thing called dear?” my mother listed, I was trying not to laugh and my father was turning a deep red.

He finally sighed, “I don’t mean Derik is anything like them, I just…” he huffed, “I just don’t want you to end up in one of their science experiments like your grandfather.”

I groaned, “please father I already found my Suri and he’s one of us now, he already knows that we are suppose tobe hidden, I only came to say goodbye and to ask mother for the barrier spell.”

“of course dear.” She swam back towards her room and returned a moment later with a small scroll which she handed to me after hugging me tightly and whispering, “Goddess be with you, and have a safe journey.”

“I will.” I whispered back, kissing her on the cheek and bowing to my father before swimming away.

I rushed back to my room and saw Derik sitting and whispering to his egg, “now you be good and don’t hatch before I get back.”

And the thing surprised me by answering him back, ‘pht, I’ll hatch when im ready whether you’re here or not!’ it replied in a smart tone.

Derik humphed and turned his head, “well fine then, see if I care.” Then sniffed and cried to the egg holding it closely, “I’m sorry I’ll never act that way again, soooo can you hatch now?”

‘hum, let me think, a NO!’ it yelled.

“your mean!” he yelled back before he looked up to my laughing face.

“trouble in paradise?” I asked him.

“no, she’s just a stubborn little brat!” he screamed to the egg for emphasis.

“so are you ready I have the spell.” I waved the scroll and walked over to put it in the backpack.

“yeah lets go babe!” he jumped up from the bed and flew through the barrier, I just laughed a t his charisma and followed.

we swam through the city rather quickly saying goodbye to a few people and by the time we knew it we were going out the door and back outside in the trench.

“alright so where do we go? I didn’t really pay attention to our route here.” He told me floating with his tail swirling around him.

“we go a few miles east and then another say twelve north and we should be there at maybe sunrise.” I said as I started to make my accent to the top of the chasm him Derik following close behind.

“well can I try something that will get us there, uh say like now? Well if I can do it of course.”

I looked back to him with a confused look on my face, he just shook his head and grabbed me, his tail wrapped itself around my tail tightly, “just hang on to me and close your eyes okay?”

I  just nodded and went with what he told me.

I felt a coolness brush around me and we began to twirl around faster and faster until I felt ourselves take off.”

A few minutes and we suddenly stopped hitting the sea floor with a thud making me fly from his arms.

“Whoa!” Derik said jumping onto me pumping his fists in the air, “I totally thought that it wouldn’t work!” he kissed me and I pushed him back, “what’s wrong?” he asked.