~Chapter~18~Happy Ending...For Now~

Okay it may be a little crappy, but i had precious little time! it will all be edited so keep this story and reread any chapters that have a * next to them. now enjoy this ending and look out for book two!

Hayle's POV(...a few days later...)

We had given Mary a special ceremony to honor her in the goddess' name. Everyone in Fai attended, and even though no one knew her they all cried for my Suri's pain.

We stood by the grave as they all came up one by one giving their condolences to Derik and Sharon who just stood there nodding to them without a word.

I squeezed his hand and he looked to me with a blank stare.

"it will heal with time." I told him.

He cocked his head, "what will heal?"

"your heart, that's what."

He looked ahead not talking to me, as my mother and father came up next, "We hope you can forgive us and accept our condolences," the queen said as they bowed, "if it wasn't for our foolishness..."

"it's not your fault," Sharon and Derik said in unison, their faces were still blank and when Derik smiled it didn't quite reach his eyes, "just don't let it get to you, what's done is done, and the one who did it is gone." He said helping them rise.

They were wearing the ceremonial color, white, as well as everyone here.

The day continued the same for a few hours before everything went back to normal. Derik and Sharon were alone in a room for a few days, they said they wanted to talk about everything that's happened. Aqua and I let them do as they wished and we decided to do something special.

Derik's POV

Sharon and I sat in my room on the floor Indian style, we were facing each other our knees touching and we were bent over with our foreheads nearly touching and we were smiling.

The last time we had talked about anything to this magnitude was when our dad left us for that hooker on our corner, saying that she was the real love of his life. That was the saddest, while also the funniest, thing we had ever heard. I mean sure we felt bad that mom losing the man she loved, but we made her fell so much better when we told her what he said. She had laughed for hours, and when she finally told us that she knew the hooker had a few if not every STD in the book.

We talked for hours about her, the way she smiled, laughed, talked, got mad, and how all of these traits were some that we had ourselves.

"I can't believe you're the one who did that!" Sharon shouted, slapping my head. I had told her about when we were young and she had gotten in trouble for attempting to drive mom's car. It didn't really work out for me so I blamed the massive scraping and dent in the door, on who do you think? Sharon.

"I was twelve! What was I supposed to do, tell the truth?"

"yes!"

We giggled, and by the time we knew it Hayle and Aqua asking if we were alright, and that we hadn't come out for two days!

We both jumped up, "Two?!" we shouted.

"yes, now come on," Aqua said grabbing us both, "we have a surprise for you two."

Hayle took my hand from Aqua and began leading us out the barrier, and down the hall and turning into one that I hadn't seen before.

"Where are we going?" I asked him, and he just smiled not answering me.

I huffed at his mysteriousness, while it being sexy was also very annoying.

We stopped in front of a door, not a barrier, but a door that was engraved with elegant markings and swirls, "okay so you guys need to cover your eyes."

We did as we were told, I saw Sharon bouncing up and down with glee beforehand, and Hayle placed his hands over mine.

"what don't trust me?" I asked.

"nope." He said and I scoffed.

"open the doors." I heard them squeal open and me being lead inside, we stopped a few seconds later, "are you ready?" Hayle whispered in my ear.

I shivered and nodded, and when his hands lifted from my face, I felt my eyes sting at what I saw.

A statue of a beautiful mermaid stood tall and proud against the wall, her hair flowed around her like she was actually there in front of us. Her face had a smile on it, my smile, her eyes looking down at us, Sharon's eyes. Her stone tail was covered in shimmering yellow scales.

My mom....

she was...

"beautiful." Sharon finished my thought swimming up to her admiring mom up close.

I followed running my hand over her tail. She was finally one of us, she was finally at peace, no more things to hurt her.

Hayle's arms wrapped around me hugging me, I cried, but not from sadness.

"I love you!" Sharon squealed hugging Aqua, "did you two do all of this by yourselves?"

Hayle nodded, "no sleep, just worked all night to make everything perfect for our mate and Suri."

I turned to him, I probably looked like hell, but if he noticed it didn't show, "thank you," I whispered as I hugged him, "for everything, not just this, if it weren't for you I would never have saved her in the first place, they would still be there."

He kissed the top of my head, and said something unexpected, "lets have a baby."

I looked at him with wide eyes, "what!"

"well not now of course," he laughed, I relaxed.

It better be later, I was not getting pregnant...could I get pregnant? Are there different rules down here? Do they not apply? Holy shit! Will it hurt! Huuh! Even bigger shit! Will I grow a va jayjay!

"Derik, I love you, and when you're ready we can go to the local orphanage in the next village over, to find the perfect child for us."

I sighed inwardly, thank god! I was so not gonna have a vagina, I don't want to bleed every month, it would attract sharks.

Sharon was laughing, "yes, yes, yes!" she was swinging Aqua around in circles, "I would love to have a baby!"

I gawked and looked back to Hayle pointing over at them, he just shook his head, at least he and Aqua didn't plan this together, and before I could say anything I was tackled, "you're going to be an uncle!"

I was stunned, an uncle? Me? I hugged her back and laughed with her, "I'm gonna be an uncle!"

I looked up to mom's statue, "you're going to be a grandma, mom." It was strange I could have sworn the water got cooler and her smile grew wider.

(a few months later)

Everything was going back to normal again, though mom was gone life still went on, so that meant I had to also.

Hayle was teaching me how to ride hippocampi, they were cool looking things, it had the front part of a horse, and its hind legs were a fish tail. Mine whinnied with glee, and I smiled.

Hayle was racing Sharon who was holding my little niece Aralia, she was the cutest thing ever, and today I was going to give some great news to Hayle.

"in wur fwace!" Aralia screamed, Sharon laughed.

"just like I taught you!" she said proudly picking the little five year old, who giggled wiggling her little tail around trying to get away from the kissing frenzy.

This was the perfect life, and I couldn't ask for a more perfect boyfriend or now that I was a merman my Suri.

I moved my hippocampi over to Hayle's that was panting hard from its race, "Hayle," he turned his smiling face to me, his sapphire eyes shining with happiness.

He came over to me and helped me get down with him, "what is it?"

I tried to figure out a special way to do this, I was up for hours trying to word it all together, but in the end I just said, "boy or girl?"

And if it was possible his eyes sparkled with more happiness than I could describe. He tackled me to the sea floor laughing and whispering sweet nothings to me.

"I get it you're happy, now get off so we can go get ready to leave." He nodded vigorously and swam over to Sharon who in turn tackled him.

"I'm gonna be an auntie! Aqua you're gonna be an auntie!" she turned to aralia, "you're gonna have a cousin!" she squealed with delight.

I was laughing, "this is the happiest thing to ever happen to me! well besides being born from mommy's vagina!" Sharon exclaimed.

Hayle's POV

I can't believe it! I am finally going to have a child! I honestly don't care if he's biological.

I was packing everything I need for a night stay in the village of Formaris. Derik was pacing our room waiting for me, apparently I was too slow for him.

"come on!" he whined, "I want to go, we don't have time for you to try and be perfect."

"alright, calm yourself I'm ready." I took my pack and we headed out the barrier, and to the throne room to tell my parents where we were going.

We arrived a few moments later in the town of Formaris thanks to Derik's handy whirlpool transportation. It was a quiet little town, a few shops scattered here and there, and little children playing shark attack in the front of them.

"this place is so peaceful." Derik awed.

"I know, it's a perfect place to find a child." I said taking my eyes off of the frolicking children and scanning the streets for our destination.

"so what is this place called?" he asked after a bit of silence.

"it's called Marionette's home for the young. It's a place where little children were taken to after their parents were unfit, abusive, taken to prison, or even killed."

He nodded taking in the information.

I looked up again and saw it, the biggest mansion, at least half the size of the castle was placed in the center of the town square and outside the sign read, 'Marionette's home for the young'.

Derik grabbed my hand and squeezed tightly, and I gave him a calming felling back making him relax some.

We approached the door and before we could knock, it swung open and in the thresh hold a young woman peeked out, "who are you?" she asked in a quiet voice.

"I am price Hayle and this is my Suri Derik," he waved at her, "we have come to adopt a child." I told her.

She took a second longer to stare before throwing the door open, "then welcome friends! My name is Marionette I run this little establishment!"

Derik and I were just shocked at the sudden personality change.

"uh thank you very much." Derik said following Marionette inside with me following close behind.

"it's so nice to finally meet someone from the royal family!" she exclaimed leading us through mansion, "so how long have you two been together?"

"a few months now." Derik answered her.

She stopped and turned to us, now very serious, "are you two ready for such a commitment? I mean no disrespect of course, but I just want to tell you these children are yours once they leave, there is no going back from it."

"I understand your concern," I said softly moving over to grab Derik's hand, "but we honestly would not be here if we thought we could not handle a child or two."

Derik looked up at me with wide eyes, "two?"

I nodded and hugged him, "or three or four, whatever you want Derik."

Marionettes nodded, and led us to a giant wooden door, "it is playtime right now, so everyone should be in here."

She opened the door and the shouts, and screams of children of all ages swimming around, some were chasing each other around the room, and some were sitting around playing with toys.

"they are so cute!" Derik shouted swimming inside to play with the kids who screamed louder with delight, a few of the boys tried to make a game of catching his tail, and the girls were looking at his bracelets with awe.

Marionette was laughing, "he is a child at heart isn't he?" she asks me.

I nod with a smile, "he surely is, and he will spoil the children with unconditional love as long as he lives."

She nodded a wide smile plastered on her face, "I will set up your escort back home, so you arrive safely."

I stopped her, "no need we have our own transportation."

She gave me a confused look, but nodded, "very well," she swam forward, "children!"

Everyone stopped to look at her, "please put away your toys and go to the cafeteria, it is time for lunch."

Everyone including Derik started cleaning up, and two boys and a girl stayed by his side the entire time, and I wondered...

"Hi there!" I look down to see the little girl who followed Derik around, she was beautiful, dark locks fell in ringlets to her shoulders, and she had a very cherubic-like face, her eyes were the color of crystals, a blue so pure that you would have thought they were white. Her tail was small, it was a small, blue on the sides with one big long light pink stripe and two fins off to either side.

I smiled at her, "why hello, and what is your name?" I asked bending low to her level.

She blushed shyly, "Admeta, my name is Admeta." She whispered.

"that's a beautiful name," I smiled "would you like to come with me to the cafeteria?"

she perked up and nodded, but before we could go she stopped, "I have to wait for my brothers, they're with Derik." She pointed to the two merboys, and as I looked closer, I noticed they were twins.

"of course Admeta."

After everyone was done cleaning Derik came over to us, "Hayle this is Alastair." He motioned to the boy on his right, "and this is Aleksy."

I stared at them both, they were completely identical, they had the same black hair as Admeta, and the same cherubic face that all children had, but their eyes, they looked like mine, twin sapphires staring back. Their tails were like their faces, identical twin seahorse tails that were a mix between blue and yellow.

"um, hello, my name is Hayle." I held out my hand and they each shook it.

"your eyes wook wike owurs." Aleksy said touching the side of my face.

"I know, I noticed that too."

We all swam to the cafeteria with Admeta leading us and the boys were riding Derik's tail, they were perfect, I looked to Derik and I knew you he was thinking the same.

"alright children time to eat." Marionette's voice rang across the room.

Everyone started eating, Derik and I said we would be back and left the three siblings to their dinner.

We approached Marionette and she smiled, "I see you've taken a liking to those three." She nodded in the children's direction.

We both nodded, "they are perfect, when can we take them home?" Derik asked excitedly.

"well you can take them right after lunch if you want."

I nodded, "brilliant, its perfect."

She nodded, "I will get their things together." She left and we went back to sit with our future children.

"hey you guys, how would you like to come home with us?" Derik asked them.

"aw of us?" Alistair asked gripping his brother and sister's hands.

Derik nodded with a smile, "of course we want then too."

"awre you gonna send uws back?" Admeta asked looking down to play with her scales.

"oh no!" I said, "we would never send you back here, we want you to be part of our family."

Their eyes widened, "wreally? You want uws?" Admeta asked.

We nodded, and they squealed swimming in circles with excitement.

"when?" Aleksy asked.

Marionette came out with two large suitcases, "now if you want."

they all shouted yes at the same time.

I laughed and grabbed Derik, spinning him around, his tail ended up wrapped around me, "we have children."

His eyes were red now and he sniffed, "I know, we have three beautiful children."

And to add on to the moment the three jumped on, joining in on our hug.

They were thanking us over and over again and I felt my eyes sting.

"alright lets get going so we can show you your new home, you also have, grandparents, two aunts and a cousin now."

"wreally?" they all said in unison.

I nodded, "her name is Aralia."

"and your auntie's names are, Sharon, and Aqua."

They kept asking questions to Derik and I grabbed their bags, "good luck and let the goddess give you a safe journey." Marionette waved and closed the front door.

"where awre we gowing?" Aleksy asked.

"far away, but to get there we have to hold you guys in between us." I explained.

They nodded and we got into position, the boys held Derik's arm tightly and Admeta did the same to mine, and Derik wrapped his tail around us, and tightened it protectively on the children, "do you guys like whirlpools?" he asked, the all nodded, "well you guys will like this." his bracelet began to glow a soft blue and we started to spin with the water.

As we rose and took off in the direction of home the children were screaming with delight, and Derik and I were laughing with them.

Derik's POV (for the last time :'(...for this story any ways!)

We stopped right by the trench and the boys gripped my arms tighter, "its okay I was scared the first time too."

"Hayle was choking on his laugh and I punched him. "ow, you hit hard you know that?"

I stuck my nose in the air and descended down into the darkness with the boys grip tightening more, these boys were strong.

When we reached the wall I opened the secret door and the kids gasped at the light that shone in the darkness.

"welcome to Fai, your home." I told them, I felt someone kiss my cheek and Hayle was there.

"almost my exact words when I brought you."

I smiled and kissed him back, "I love you."

"I love you more."

"I wove you mostest!" Admeta shouted at us both.

We both smiled at her.

I let the kids swim around us as we led them to main gate and who do you think greeted us? Yeah the same two guards that met me and Hayle when I first came here.

But this time they knew better, and just let us pass with a, "welcome back prince Hayle and Suri Derik."

We both nodded at them and continued, we got many stares and smiles and cheers, the kids all hid behind us going very shy again, but they soon were stuck in awe when we got to the castle.

"we wive here!" Alastair shouted.

"no way!" Aleksy shouted with him.

"am I a princess now?" Admeta asked.

Hayle nodded, "of course, and that makes your brothers Princes."

Her eyes seemed to glow with delight, and she threw her hands up in the water and yelled, "yea!!!"

"what in the goddess' name is all of the noise?" Reina's voice rang, the kids stopped their shouting and stared at her the same way I did when I first got here.

"mother, these are your new grandchildren." Hayle explained to her, "this is Alastair, Aleksy, and this lovely little princess is Admeta."

Her eyes widened, "m-my grandchildren?"

We both nodded, she cried out with delight, and scooped them all up and kissed them all making them giggle, "my goddess they are beautiful, and they have such meaningful names!"

"what do you mean?" I asked.

"the twins names, though they are different mean the same, they mean defender of men, and Admeta means untamed, they are Greek names."

"wow, that's amazing." Hayle said.

"your children will do great things." Reina said.

"I know they will." The kings voice boomed, he was at the doorway with a smile on his face, "o these are my grandchildren?"

Reina nodded with delight. The kids were behind her now, but Alastair and Aleksy swam up to him, "who awre you?" Alastair asked him.

"I am your grandfather Eric." And like that I finally knew his name.

"youwr owr grandpaw?" Aleksy asked.

King Eric nodded.

They attacked him with a hug, and he laughed hugging them back.

"lets go see your new rooms, your aunts and cousin have been decorating them for you." Reina told Admeta.

"wait how did they know to make two rooms?" I asked her.

"Sharon had said something about you not only taking one child, I suppose she was right."

Hayle laughed and led me forward, I was happy, my family was complete, I was happy, and I have moved on with my life.

We went to our room, the kids were a little hesitant at first around the barrier, but were now running around on two feet in the room.

Sharon was already here, they had made two rooms that joined with ours, one for the twins, and another for Admeta. She was so excited to meet them, but Admeta seemed to take a liking to her, I had to be sure not to let her turn out like her, she already had a crazy daughter I don't need her to have one too.

"Derik, Hayle can we speak with you?" Reina said, we both nodded and told the kids we would be back.

We swam to the throne room where King Eric sat on his throne.

Reina took her place beside him and took his hand, "we have something important to say. It concerns you both." Reina began.

"we have watched Hayle grow into a fine man, and we knew someday he would take the crown with his Suri by his side, and when we met you Derik we knew you were the one for him, you are his other half the way Reina is mine." King Eric said.

"what are you saying?" I asked.

"what we are saying is that we are ready to retire, we have grandchildren now." Reina said with a smile.

"we relinquish our crowns to both of you, though we may have to modify Reina's tiara for you Derik."

We just stared, I had nothing to say, and I'm sure Hayle didn't either.

Then he spoke, "but we are not ready, I am not ready!" he cried.

"we believe you are, and it's nothing really, do you ever see us actually do anything?" Reina asked.

And come to think of it, I have never seen them do anything political at all.

"well I suppose..."

"excellent!" King Eric interrupted, he looked at us, "do not worry, we will train you in everything that we know, you are not going to take the throne so quickly, it will be a few years yet."

I exhaled at that, I was sure this kingdom would have fallen under our rule now.

"how long will it take?" Hayle asked.

"how old are the children?" Reina asked.

"Admeta is four, and the twins are six." I answered.

"excellent, so when Admeta is eighteen and the boys are twenty, that is when you will be crowned."

"how do you figure that?" I ask.

"well its only natural when they all hit young adulthood, it gives them time to find their Suri and give you time to prepare them for their rule."

We discussed our arrangements, we still had children and we had to spend time with them so we did it all around them.

We were on our way to being the new kings of Fai, just me and Hayle, and you know how we celebrated right?

Can you say gay fantasy come true?

THE END...

UNTIL NEXT TIME.

BOOK TWO: What Lies Inside Heart