~Chapter~10~Leaving Home Behind~

Derik’s POV

                I woke up with a groan, my head throbbed and as I reached for my head my arm stopped, I was tied to a bed, when I looked around more carefully I noticed that it was my bed, from my old room.

It as dimly lit by candles probably because these assholes didn’t pay the bill, ‘and screwing your mom’ a tiny voice in my head added.

I shook those thoughts away, I had to keep a clear mind, I had to get out of here, I looked up and smiled when I saw that my bracelets were still on, and I focused.

The flame band began to glow softly and I closed my fist collecting a tiny bit of energy, just enough for me too….

“so your finally awake.” I heard Aaron’s voice rasped.

I stopped what I was doing and let the glow die down before he saw.

I would get out later.

“why are you doing this? Haven’t you taken enough from me!” I screamed, and that earned me a punch to the face.

“don’t talk to me you faggot!” he yelled in my face, his breath sunk of beer and pot and it made me very sick.

“you have some nerve, you should have stayed dead, we had a very good thing going on and you had to go and ruin it!” he spat.

Heat began to rise to my cheeks, “you and Richard raping my mother is a good thing!” I screeched, I didn’t care if he hit me I was going to be heard, I wasn’t the same scared little boy that used to b his punching bag, I was a new man and I would not be taken lightly anymore.

He turned his back and I took my chance and quickly burned the cuffs off my hands and feet and just as he turned around I tackled him to the ground.

“what the fuck? How did you get loose?” he yelled under all the punches I was throwing to his face. He threw me across the room with his feet and hit the wall hard. He stalked towards me with blood dripping from his nose. I sat there waiting for the moment when he leaned down, “hah! Serves you right for what you are.”

That did it I threw my right arm out and a gale of wind tossed his effortlessly away from me, I rose with the air and floated towards him, he was forced against the opposite wall and stuck there like a magnet on a fridge.

“what the fuck is this!” his screams barely audible through the chaos.

I smiled wickedly at him and that smile made him flinch, I leaned down to him and held my left hand out to him, he stared and he screamed again when a fireball formed in my hand.

“this is your punishment Aaron, for all the pain you caused me, for my mother, and lastly the one person who was very dear to me,” the fire grew, almost licking his face now drenched in sweat, “my sister.” I said darkly.

I pulled my arm back ready to throw it at him when I heard the door slam open, I looked over ready to roast Richard and I froze, Hayle stood in the doorway, but the person who caught my eyes was the frail girl in front of him, I felt my power die and Aaron fell to the floor with a loud thunk.

I felt my feet touch the floor and almost lost my balance, tears began to fall and cloud my vision.

There standing in the door was my sister,

Sharon.

Hayle’s POV

“you’re supposed to be dead!” I shouted.