Paradox (Part 1)

(AN:BTW I FORGOT TO MENTION SHE HAS A BRITISH ACCENT IF I ALREADY MENTIONED IT THEN IGNORE)

The gang were driving through the desert.

"You didn't need to come Gwen and I can take care of this alone, it's nothing really." Kevin said.

"Doesn't sound like nothing., weird noises unearthly lights, rumours of weird creatures out here." Ben said as they got out the car towards a wall.

"Yeah, the dudes I heard it from aren't totally reliable." Kevin said.

"Isn't that a big bad boy to do." Gwen said earning snickers from Nova. "Come out here to the ghost town for a drag race." She said.

"How original." Nova said.

"How should I know I just know them from auto shop." He said as the three of them look to the side to see. 'KEVIN RULES!' Painted on the wall.

"Grandpa Max said Los Soledad used to be a big military base back in the 50's. Some kind of research facility." Ben said.

"Yeah, it must've been done pretty serious research check out these walls, 50 years later and there's still no way in." Kevin said and Nova poked him and pointed to two bug holes in the wall.

"Is that not a way in?" She asked.

"No way. These weren't here" He said and they walked back to the car and drove in.

"Did anyone notice some of them vaguely person shaped." Gwen said.

"Weird, maybe something, I don't know burned through the wall." Ben said.

"Yeah, like what?" Kevin asked.

"The same thing that made this mess." Nova said gesturing to the trail marks.

"Look." Gwen said.

"This is a bird. And these are lizard bones, they're fossilized. "Ben said.

"These poor creatures." Nova said.

"And they're not the only thing. It's like someone turned the slate into sand just by standing on it." Gwen said as she walked to a phone booth.

"He was probably on hold." Kevin said.

"The trail goes to the police station and those... I guess they're apartments." Ben said.

"Is it just me or are things getting ghost town creepy in here." Nova said.

"Just to review, some one stood here a million years ago and walked to those buildings that were built here 50 years ago." Kevin said.

"You are not helping, these could be signs of serious DN- Alien activity." Ben said.

"DN-Aliens?" Nova asked.

"I'll explain later and it's up to us to--"

"DN-Aliens are not doing this does that look like a DN-Alien to you?" Gwen said pointing at something. They all turned to see a blue creature as well as its after images going all over the place.

"Finally something worth the gas." Kevin said absorbing he concrete.

"Chromastone!" Ben transformed as Gwen's hand glowed.

"I don't know guys something about that thing isn't right." Nova said backing up wearily.

But their warning was left unheard as they rushed to attack.

"Another thing to learn about humans they are reckless." Nova said as she flew in to the air. The creature started moving around and the teens chased after him it bumped into a wall causing it to collapse.