Grounded

It was late at night when the team got word of a Hybreed sighting in the city and they've been battling it for a while now as it looked liie it was going somewhere.

"Where do you think you're going?!" Nova exclaimed as she tied down a Hybreed as it just blew up the road.

As she held it down Gwen blasted it. They hybreed managed to pick up a car through the restraints and Nova had no choice but to let go of it because it threw the car right at them.

Ben arrived and transformed into SwampFire.

"I grow wary of your pathetic human interference." The Hybreed said.

"Well good for you, because I'm not!" Nova exclaimed as she delivered a large blast that pushed him back significantly and as he flew back SwampFire gave him a grand kick to the back sending him flying and he landed harshly on the sidewalk.

"You guys okay?" SwampFire asked.

"Nice to see ya. You working Flex hours now?" Kevin smirked.

"Look out!" Nova yelled but it was too late as Ben was hit harshly and fell creating a crater.

"Ben!" Nova yelled with worry.

"It hurts tennyson? Still reeling from the augmented power of my new form no doubt." The Hybreed said and it lifted up his foot to crush him.

"If you're saying you're uglier you get no argument here." Kevin said.

"I defeated tennyson, what chance do the likes of you?" The Hybreed asked.

"Me? Not much but her?" He pointed up and the Hybreed looked up to see the infuriated pinkett holding up a massive pink glowing sphere.

"Eat this!" She yelled as it shrink down but exploded in a massive blast that crushed him into the concrete.

"Remind me never to get on your bad side?" Kevin said.

"It's already irritating enough that you guys have me hold back because they're "living" beings but sometimes it can be incredibly infuriating when I can't vaporize them." Nova sighed.

"We're heroes Nova, we don't kill." Gwen said.

"I know. I know...but the universe would be better off with on less Hybreed alive is all I'm saying." Nova shrugged.

From the rubble, the Hybreed crawled out, greatly weakened but alive none the less. It spread out its gill like wings and took off.

"You've wasted far too much of my valuable time, I'll deal with you at my leisure." He said as it was revealed to be covered in bruises before it flew off.

"Kevin, Nova. Ben is still down." Gwen said and they ran towards him. Ben transformed back but having a nasty black eye, Nova hurriedly approached him and outstretched her hands to cup his face and heal him as her hands began to glow, allowing Ben to come to from the warm sensation.

"Nova?" Ben muttered as he opened his eyes.

"Geez, That Hybreed really did a number on you." She said and Kevin was laughing.

"What?" Ben asked as he sat up.

"That Hybreed gave you a black eye! I like him better already!" Kevin cackled.

"Are you alright?" Gwen asked.

"I'm fine." Ben said as he took Nova's hands off his face.

"Hey, I'm not done." She said as his eyes only managed to get to a healthy light purple.

"It's okay I just wanna know where the Hybreed took off and what he's up to." Ben said.

"That way." Gwen pointed out.