Birds of a feather

Sorry guys if it's not the chapter you wanted, but I felt like I was leaving you guys hanging for too long whike trying to figure how I'm going to put together Nova's portion of her past.

Enjoy.

****

The gang was driving down a secluded road in the forest where Kevin's supposed tipper tipped them off about some alien activity somewhere in their destination.

"There it is up ahead, just like your tip said." Gwen pointed out.

"You sound surprised." Kevin said.

"Not surprised, the whole situation seems a little odd." Ben said.

"He's got a point, it dark out but you can totally feel the shadiness." Nova nodded in agreement.

"If you think it's a trap I can just keep driving." Kevin suggested.

"No, someone wanted us here let's play along and see how it goes." Ben spoke just as the arrived to the scene.

The gang got out of the car and approached the upside down vehicle and when Kevin went to open the back a horde of DNAliens came shooting out at him and piling on top of him causing him to fall into a ditch and hit a tree, scattering some of them away from the impact.

It was an ambush.

The others went on the attack to take them out.

"You know, flying would be a lot easier than using your platforms. Oh maybe that can be our next lesson!" Nova squealed in excitment as she back handed a wave of energy that struck a bunch of DNAliens that tried to sneak up behind her.

"Thanks, but I like having stable footing under my, feet!" Gwen denied as she shot an energy blast towards the DNAliens that surrounded Kevin. "It wouldn't kill you to use them either a great way to conserve energy and save power for when you really need it." She advised.

"Lame." Nova rolled her eyes as she made a barried behind them ad DNAliens spat at them from above. "Still disgusting every time I see it." She cringed as she watched their snot or whatever it was they spat out slide down her barrier. But she she snapped out of it and had canons pop out of the barrier and she shot at them.

It looked like Spidermonkey was having a bit of trouble as more DNAliens showed up with their blasters, but he eventually somehow turned it around with a bunch of new moves that were more impressive than his usual moves.

"Man, you've never fought like that before." Kevin smirked as he helped him up, only the aracnichimp in question looked confused and when Kevin turned his headdhe found another Aracnichimp laid down as he massaged his head from an injury.

"Whoa, I didn't know arachnichimps could multiply, why didn't you guys tell me?" Nova pouted as she glared at Kevin.

"Arachnichimps don't multipy, genius. This guy is not Ben." Kevin explained.

"Ooh, that makes much more sense. So, who is this guy?" She asked as they looked at the new alien in town the Aracnichimp took a sniff at Gwen and then went over to Nova for the same thing and then going off.

"Tell me this isn't going to be one of those evil twin things again." Gwen sighed.

"Bet ya five bucks that it is." Nova smirked.

"Sure." Gwen shrugged.

"Oh, this is gonna be exciting. The last evil twin thing really interesting so I wonder how this is gonna play out." She shined.

"You find pleasure in the weirdest things." Kevin said warily.

"I like to think it's part of my charm." She shrugged.