Save the Last Dance

*Ring!*

"Alright class that'll be all for today. Don't forget your reports are due next week!" The teacher reminded them as they packed up their stuff.

Nova left the class with some girls from her class.

"I can't believe it, the formal dance is on Friday!"

"I know Mark and I already have our outfits. He insisted we match. He's so sweet. Aren't you going with anyone, Nova?"

"Nope. I'm just in it for the party!" Nova cheered.

"All you ever look forward to parties." 

"What can I say? That's where all the fun is." Nova shrugged.

"That's true but Nova you're smart, pretty, athletic and funny. Almost every guy in the school wants to take you or go out with you. Or what your heart's already been captured by someone we don't know about?"

Ben's face flashed before her eyes, but she quickly shook it away. "No I don't, I'd rather keep it that way to be honest." Nova said.

"Um Hey." Someone called from behind them.

"Yes?" Nova said as they turned to see a boy with blonde hair and green eyes.

"That's Daniel. Captain of the Hockey team and single~."

"Ugh. You guys." Nova whined.

"Uh, Nova I was hoping we could talk." Daniel said.

"Oh I'm sorry but I was just about to hang out with my--"

"No, no it's okay go ahead and...talk." they giggled before running off.

Daniel took Nova somewhere private sobhe could talk to her.

"So what is it you'd like to talk about?" Nova asked.

"Uh...well you see, I was wondering if you'd go to the Spring Formal with me?" Daniel asked.

"Oh...uh, look I'm sorry. You seem like a nice guy, but...I can't." She said feeling a little guilty.

"No..it's okay, but hey at least I tried." Daniel chuckled.

"Yeah at least you did." Nova smiled.

"Here. Take this...it's my number just in case you change your mind." He said.

"Kinda weird you have your number already written down in your pocket." She said taking the piece of paper.

"Well you're kinda hard to get. Emphasis on hard." He said and they laughed.

"....Alright then. Give me your phone." Nova said.

"Oh...okay?" He said a little confused.

"...You are an interesting fellow Mr Daniel." She said and threw his phone back at him and walked off.

****

"Ugh!" Nova groaned as she threw herself on her bed in her room. "I don't get it. Why do I have to have a date for the Spring Formal?" She whined.

It is a formal Dance and as such a partner is required. It's not like those other parties where you can dance whenever and however you please.

"That's boring. Parties are places where you get loose and have fun. Not wear fancy outfits and act all stiff…" She sighed.

*knock! Knock!*

"Coming." Nova said and went to open the door. "Oh...it's you." She sighed when she saw Gwen at her door.

"Hey Nova. I just wanted to check up how you were doing. I've been wanting to talk to you in school but you keep avoiding me." Gwen said.