Nova (Inner Truths Part 2)

Deep in ever existing expanse of space, the stars sparkled in the everlasting heavens and it was to this sight that a young celestial hybrid opened her eyes for the first time to.

When I was born, I was alone. No mother, no father, no people to call my own. I was just there, I wasn't quite sure what to male of my existence, all I knew was that I was existing. I didn't know my name and all I had from my memory was an inkling that told me that I indeed had parents but I wasn't sure if they had anything for me.

I was just floating around with nothing but a cloak made of night on my back. I had spent a little of a year doing nothing, but eventually I moved on.

The little celestial hybrid took her first step and watched as the stars seemed to ripple from her foot. She took another, then another until she started to walk and thus began her travel through the universe.

She travels would take her to see many planets and walks of alien life.

I found it fascinating to watch them, how they live and how they grow. It was all so new to me...I wanted to be a part of that and I really did try.

A young Nova stood before a group of alien children who were playing a game that looked smiliar to badminton. They saw her standing not far from them, watching them play. Her blank empty gaze unnerved them as they backed away slowly as she approached them, she brought the fallen ball to float around her fingers and she imitated their previous actions and hit the ball with an energy contstruct only for it to fly of into the sky and explode.

The shockwave from the blast sent the kids in shock ans then they ran away screaming while the adults gathered them up and ran away from her in terror.

Young Nova sighed as warriors came marching towards her and her only option would be to run away, she figured that destroying them should help resolve that uncomfortable sinking feeling but someone in her head told her otherwise.

****

"Aww, someone was lonely!" Kevin teased.

"Shut up Kevin!" Nova growled as she threw a pillow at him and he cackled.

"Being the one and only hybrid of your species isn't easy to handle, you literally have no one to talk to and relate to you so you're left wandering around trying to copy and paste what everyone else is trying to do to seem...normal?" Nova explained.

"Nova, I know you've mentioned it, but what does it mean to be a hybrid of your...kind? What are the advantages and disadvantages?" Gwen asked.

"Ah, well it's not easy that's for sure, for one I can't create worlds and dimensions with a thought, I can't alter reality or alter something that exists without destroying it and as I just said can't create worlds, it seems like I'm only good for destroying stuff." Nova sighed.

"I'm sure that's not true." Gwen assures.

"The proof is in the pudding my semi-energy being friend." Nova shrugged.

"She's got a point, she did turn animo to dust before bringing him back." Ben shrugged.

"Ben!" Gwen stressed.