Reality Check

*2 weeks later*

Aizawa P.O.V

"Hello this is Shouta Aizawa. I'm calling for Ms. Reiss to discuss about security matters. Is she in?"

Three days after that night I was demoted down to a regular security guard. We don't do anything except make sure nobody enters the building Katsumi's in. I do more as a school teacher than this.

To top it off, we barely see her. She hasn't spoken to me at all in two weeks, despite saying we would see each other again a week after our...non argument.

"Aizawa you said? We can make an appointment for today at 5:00. Is that a good time for you?"

"Yes. Will I be speaking to Ms. Reiss directly?"

Katsumi P.O.V

"Yes. She'll be in office all day today from 8 am to 7pm"

My quirk has its perks. I used to annoy my manager by booking unnecessary meetings, but this time I have a plan.

"Thank you. I'll be in at 5pm. Have a good day", he hung up the phone, allowing me huff out loud. I've been avoiding him to the best of my abilities, but it's about time I settle this.

"Thanks Tia for allowing me to take that call. If he calls back, contact me", I said.

She nodded and proceeded to do her job.

(Flashback)

"You want me to tell him to get his job back when you demoted him?"

"Precisely"

3 days after the 'argument', I downgraded Shouta to basic security. That way it's easier to avoid him and he doesn't have direct access to speak with me. But that was only the first part of my plan.

"Why fire him if you want him to get his job back. Is this some weird way on seeing if he really wants his job?", Yamada asked.

"Actually it's the opposite. I know he wants his position back as my personal security guard, so that's why I know if you tell him he has a chance on getting it back, he will definitely call first thing in the morning", I explained.

"And that's important why?"

"Because mornings are when Tia works. Tia isn't stingy with the phone like Victoria, so I'll be able to use my quirk and talk with him. I'll set up a meeting with my manager and then boom. Phase one complete"

"I know your hurting right now, but we don't even know if-"

"I had my team do a background check and one of them was able to find it...it's true"

"Seriously? Shit- sorry I didn't think this would be real. I mean...are you ok?"

As much as I wanted to nod and pretend everything was fine, I couldn't. I was livid.

(End of flashback)

I knocked on the silver door, peaking my head through the crack as I watched my manager read through papers, "Reiss?"

She lifted her head and squinted, looking at me stupidly, trying to figure out what I wanted, "You only visit when you want something Katsumi. Spit it out"

I walked in completely, gulping down the little salvia I had, cause my mouth went dry not to long before I walked here, "Do you...like having me as your client. I know I can be a lot"

She motioned for me to close the door as she took a seat on her desk.

"You give me a headache everyday, but I wouldn't trade you for anything. Mind telling me what this is about?", she asked.

"So...remember when we first landed in Japan and I was so excited to see an old friend. You kept teasing me saying I loved him and I threatened to fire you if you didn't stop"

"How could I forget? You never shut up about him"

"Well obviously you know who he is now. You were right when you said I loved him, but I never admitted it to him"

"Ok? That's completely fine. If your not ready then-"

"Do you see him as the type to confess his love to someone?"

The question caught her off guard. She sighed and shook her head, responding with "No. I don't. Are you afraid that he doesn't love you?"

"He can't"

"What do you mean he can't?"

"He can't. It would be- It isn't right"

My eyes started to water and Reiss immediately hopped from the desk, coming to my aid, grabbing both my hands telling me to breath.

"Katsumi, this man may seem like a bore, but this is the same man you were so eager to meet when we first got here. The same man that got this job to be close to you. He has feelings for you and that should be obvious"

"I *sniffs* I shouldn't have came back here"

"Why not? I mean it sucks for me because my Japanese isn't as good as yours, but this is your home"

"I came here to get close to him. That was a mistake"

"How? How is that a mistake? I feel like your not telling me the whole story"

I wiped my tears on my sleeves and took a deep breath in. I haven't said it out loud before, so this was harder than I expected.

I looked at the clock that read 2:57pm and felt my heart stop. It was gonna happen. I had to face reality as soon as I opened that door.

"Katsumi please don't do this. Not 3 minutes before an interview"

"With Aizawa right?"

"Yes. I would hate to be bias after this because you seem like your gonna shatter into a million pieces if I touch you"

"No need"

"Huh? I may be professional, but if he is causing you this much damage then-"

"Your interview is about to start. I should get going", I turned around and opened the door to see my way out, but was stopped by a beautiful figure waiting about the doorway.

Reiss was close behind, cause she was trying to prevent me from leaving, but now that the door was open, she couldn't do anything.

"I apologize, who may you be?", she asked kindly, removing her hand from my wrist.

I clenched my jaw to hold back my tears and answered for the lady at the door with the brightest smile I could muster up, "This is your 3 o'clock  interview. Sakiya Aizawa"