Are You Hurt Yet?

6 AM in the morning and Katsumi was ready to ruin Shouta's day. She was already down the street from where he lived, continuously doing reruns on how she's gonna yell at him.

She took a right and was confused when she saw a green car parked in front of his house. Is Sakiya there? She asked herself. Doesn't matter, her being there won't stop a thing.

Katsumi got out her car and stomped down his driveway with her heels holding in strong. She knocked on the door, waiting impatiently, dramatically looking at the time on her watch.

The door suddenly opened, so her words splurged out, not knowing that Shouta wasn't the one that answered.

"I can't believe that you-", her words cut short after she noticed the person before her.

She nervously smiled and waved at the familiar body, "Good morning Ms. Aizawa. Beautiful day isn't it?"

Ms. Aizawa laughed lightly, assuming her boy did something to piss off Katsumi, "Nice to see you dear. It's been years"

"Is that your car? What happened to old Vivian?"

"She broke down on me a few years ago. I got a new one and she runs just as smooth as Vivian did. No more talk about old Vivian, why are you here so early with a mood like that? Sho make you angry?"

"Oh? Actually um...it's nothing serious. He just left without saying goodbye to me and it caught me off guard"

"Well you have my permission to scold him. I have to go to the store and pick up a few things because he has nothing in that fridge of his. I'm cooking tonight so come by and join us. I'm making yaki-udon. You still eat Japanese food, don't you?"

"*laughs* of course I do. I wouldn't miss it for the world. What time should I stop by?"

"7 o'clock. Don't be late or your food will get cold"

"I won't. Promise"

"Sho is in his room sleeping. If you wake him up, tell him he needs to take out the trash before I get home"

"Yes ma'am. See you when you get back?"

"Maybe. Will you be here in two hours?"

"Probably not. I have some business to take care after I talk to Shouta"

"Ok, then I'll see you at dinner. Bye dear"

I waved her goodbye, before locking the door behind me. I walked towards Sho's room and saw his back facing me.

Before I could even get a breath out, he groaned lowly, "Leave"

"Like you did? What's the matter with you?"

He sighed and sat up in his bed, putting his hair up in a ponytail, "Aren't you the queen of leaving?"

"We're two different people and this isn't just about leaving. Did you really cuss at Haruki?"

"Yes because the man is an idiot", he said facing me.

"So you flick him off and tell him to go fuck himself?"

"If your just gonna repeat everything I know, then leave Katsumi. I don't have dementia"

"Then this conversation will be quick. Why the hell were you so supportive with Sakiya?"

"Didn't realize that was a crime"

"It's not"

"So what's your point?"

"How come she got the version of you, I wanted?"

"Because she stayed Katsumi. You can't complain that you didn't get something when you didn't stick around long enough to get it. That's not how life works"

"Then-"

"And I support you now, so I don't get what the deal is. Your confusing. I give you what you want and next thing you know your leaving in the middle of a date"

"Date?"

"Hangout. Whatever you want to call that day where we were supposed to make a song"

"The reason I left is because you had a wife"

"How did you even find that out?"

"Trey. The one that called me that day. He told me that Sakiya Aizawa was interested in a position with our team and he reached out to me because Reiss didn't pick up her phone"

"This is ridiculous"

"Oh I bet. I can't believe I allowed you to play me like that"

"What?"

"Nothing. I'll leave now"

"Wait a sec"

"One. Bye", I turned around, walking out his room and he followed behind.

"You come here, ask several questions, then leave not wanting to hear my side of things", he argued.

"Will your side change that fact that you kept your marriage a secret? That you quit without telling me?"

"No"

"Then no. I don't want to hear your side of things"

"Conversations were never your strong suit"

"And emotions were never yours. In order for us to have a real conversation, then you need to connect with me on an emotional level"

"Fine. Your a brat. As soon as you hear something that you don't like, you complain. Life always needs to be on your side"

"Funny cause life never seems to be on my side"

"Exactly why you complain so much"

"Excuse me?"

"Didn't realize you were deaf. Probably from hanging out with Mic so much"

"I'm not deaf, but your definitely starting to act like a dick"

"Don't you like that? You seem to be a fan of Haruki"

My face stiffened in surprise to how fast he was coming up with these remarks. Didn't know he had it in him.

"He's a bigger dick then you. I guess it's true that he's better", I shrugged.

Now it was Shouta's turn to take a step back. Man had no idea what to say.

I took that as my cue to leave, "Your mom wants you to take out the trash, so you best get to it", I said walking out.

"It seems it's taking itself out, so I don't see the need to"

Tch. Bastard.