A Ticking Time Bomb

Reiss P.O.V

"Are you out your mind? Only thing worse than you getting mad is Katsumi getting mad"

What did he expect me to do? Tell her that Aizawa quit right after she disowned her mother? No thanks, I choose life.

"Haruki you don't have much of a choice. Katsumi is going through a lot right now and all I ask is that you don't bring it up"

"She's gonna ask"

"Then talk your away around it"

"Reiss, your putting me in an impossible situation. That woman will kill me if she finds out I'm lying"

"It's not lying"

"Then what is it"

"Not telling the full truth"

"That's lying Reiss. I'm not doing that"

"Fine, then I'll tell her that you were the reason he quit"

"Oh so we blackmailing? How about I tell her how you came up to me and begged me to lie to her"

"It's for her wellbeing"

"Lying to her won't help in the long run. She needs to know he quit. What's stopping Aizawa from calling her?"

"I doubt the man will call. If anything, he's avoiding her"

"Look, I won't willingly bring it up, but if she asks about it I have no right to withhold that information from her"

"Deal"

Katsumi P.O.V

That massage did me some good. I'm not as stressed as I was before, leaving me with a clearer head. I should've gotten this massage days ago.

*sniffles*

Hm? Is someone crying?

*louder sniffles*

Yeah, that sounds like crying. I walked towards the sound and was met with Sakiya who was curled up under the tiny space under the stairs.

I was a bit shocked to see her like this and shamefully curious to what has her this upset.

"Hey, it's me. Katsumi here", I said awkwardly.

"Oh shit. Uh, I'm definitely not crying. I just-"

"It's ok to cry. No need to lie to me. What's wrong?"

"This is embarrassing"

"Crying under the stairs of a 5 star hotel when you could be getting massages for free? I wouldn't call that embarrassing"

"It's embarrassing when your crying in front of one of the most famous international singers"

"Famous or not, I'm worried. What's going on?"

"*sighs* When I was interviewed, Reiss told me that my husband works here and I was kinda excited. We aren't on the best of terms, so I was nervous. Who wouldn't be? The man ghosted me for so long and then-", she stopped her sentence, bursting into more tears.

"And then what? Was he acting unprofessional"

"*sniffles* He was professional. So professional in fact that he wouldn't answer any of my questions. I ask him why he left me and he turns right around without a word. Stupid asshole couldn't even face me for more than a second"

That's odd?

"Well I can go get him and speak to him for you"

"Don't bother. He quit yesterday after our brief. Am I that much of a nuisance that he has to quit to not be around me?"