The Past Never Rests

Outfit provided up top is what Katsumi is wearing and her nails. The shoes are supposed to be white thigh high heels.

Shouta P.O.V

As I searched for my mom, I spotted her talking with Katsumi. I had to force my eyes to look straight or else Katsumi would know that my hormones were jumping to places they shouldn't be in a place so crowded. Not to mention the embarrassment I would endure if my mother saw me like that.

I saw Katsumi's lips moving, but keeping focus was hard enough, so I hurriedly asked, "Can I borrow you for a moment?"

"Yeah, everything alright?"

I pulled her away from my mother and asked her where Haruki was. She pointed over to the bar and sure enough he was over there drinking with Reiss.

I thanked her and headed over their way. Before I could even get a word out, Haruki snarled, "Speak of the devil. What?"

"Was it your idea to send Sakiya after me?", I asked.

"No. If you didn't know already, I've been fired"

"Tch and rehired two days later", Reiss spat.

"Yeah, but I'm not their leader anymore", he argued.

"Boohoo. You still get to spend time with your team",  Reiss retorted.

"Yeah yeah whatever *scoffs* Look Aizawa, if you want to talk to somebody security wise then find that Gru guy"

Reiss rolled her eyes and got up from the bar, "His name is Dru. I'll take you to him"

She walked me over to a guy conversing with some guest and asked to steal him for a moment.

"Dru, this is Aizawa Shouta. He has a question about one of your team members"

"Nice to meet you. What seems to be the problem?"

I didn't answer. Instead I studied the person in front of me intently, "I know you"

"I have one of those faces", he laughed.

I activated my quirk and immediately grabbed his arm, tempted to break it, "Tch, Dru Agawa. The hell are you doing here?"

"Woahhhh. Aizawa this is a party. What are you doing", Reiss whispered harshly.

"You like to do your research Reiss. You know what his quirk is?", I asked.

"Yeah, Amnesia"

"Exactly", I squeezed my grip on his wrist and he grunted in pain.

"Still hold a grudge I presume?", he chuckled boldly.

"What's your business here?", I asked.

"I'm the new head of security"

"So she hired another dumbass to lead?", I scolded.

Reiss grabbed my hand and told me to deactivate my quirk before people started to wonder what was going on.

I released my grip on his wrist and scoffed in disgust. Dru Agawa, one of the brutes Katsumi couldn't stay away from in high school.

"I came here to tell you about Sakiya"

"Oh? Your wife?", he smirked.

"She's causing problems and I would like for you to do your job and have her not disturb guest"

"She's not on duty right now, so there's not much I can do", he shrugged.

"Page 27 section C. No matter the setting, anybody under the contract of NC-2B38 is to obey and uphold company standards at all times", I informed.

"Seems like you know your research. I'm guessing you heroes abide by the same contract?"

"You would know the answer to your question if you ever payed attention in class", I retorted.

"Enough. Dru, go talk to Sakiya. Shouta, you follow me. Now", Reiss snatched my arm and stormed over to a less crowded area.

"Anybody else you happen to know on the security team?", she asked aggressively.

"Where's Katsumi?"

"She's busy"

"How could you allow her to accept him on her force? He abuses his power and he has no business working with her"

"I'm not in charge of Katsumi's decisions"

"So you can convince her to demote me and hire my ex wife, but you draw the line for a no good guy like him?"

"That no good guy your talking about obviously has something about him that she found capable for this position. And secondly, what do you mean by ex wife"

"Meaning I'm divorced"

"Did this happen after you quit?"

I sighed and rubbed my head, "No. He was wrong"

"Excuse me?"

"That Trey guy. He was right about me being married, but I filed for divorce a year ago"

"So are you divorced or not?"

"She didn't sign the papers, so we're legally still married, but I already detached myself from her in every way. Mentally, physically, everything"

"So then why is she telling us that your marriage is just complicated"

"It's not complicated. After I filed for divorce she refused to sign and begged me to reconsider. We took counseling for 6 months prior and when I told her it wasn't working she got mad. When I realized she wasn't gonna sign, I decided to move away"

"Well apparently not far enough"

"Apparently not. I can't be here with her"

"So that's why you quit?"

"Yes. She's bipolar and-"

"Bipolar? It said nothing about bipolar disorder in her records"

"Tch why would it? The woman is a saint on paper and on the internet. If you try looking her up you won't find anything bad", I stated.

I should've stayed home. Tonight was a complete disaster already and I haven't even been here for an hour.

"Attention please, everyone. If you didn't already know, this party was put together by Tony Lawrence for his appreciation to Katsumi and her team for making Celeby records number 1 on the charts. Thank you Tony"

Is that what this party was for?

"Since it's Katsumi's hard work and dedication that got us here, it's only right that she sings us a song. She agreed and we're extra lucky to hear one of her newest unreleased projects. Give it up for Katsumi Matsui"

Katsumi waved to the audience, smiling and blushing. She fixed her dress and announced, "Thank you all for coming. When I first started my journey I was very young, but I always knew this is what I wanted to do, so I tried not having too many regrets. I've left people, did some things, went through a lot of trauma, but I guess that makes for good music. This song I'm about to sing is very important to me and has been in the drafts for years, so I really hope you guys enjoy it. Well that's enough talking I guess. Mic, the music please"

And just like that...that familiar beat coursed throughout the room. It was that song.

Song: Giver - K. flay