I Want Answers

Reiss P.O.V

"There's nothing"

I slapped both hands on my face, leaning back in my chair feeling defeated.

I couldn't find one grain of dirt about her. The woman is a saint according to the internet. There's no hidden files, no secret arrest, nothing. Nada. Zip.

How can a woman be squeaky clean in a world like this. Bad influences are every where and yet I haven't found a picture or anything with her doing something illegal. It's insane.

Katsumi isn't gonna be happy. Hearing that the man she loves has a wife who seems to be perfect in every aspect. That would break her.

And trust me when I say that I don't want to tell her, but she's gonna ask. She's gonna question me about every detail, leaving me no room to try and escape. She could've been a great detective, yet she chose to become a singer.

"Ms. Reiss, your 5'oclock is here"

Have I been digging that long? It's 5 already?

"Send them in", I groaned.

I closed my laptop and faced up, meeting eyes with the man himself. Ah yes, the cheater.

He walked in, casual like every other time not knowing that I am debating if I want to ruin his life or not.

Don't be biased. Your Monae Reiss. Your only biased with your father. No one else.

"Good afternoon Reiss. I'm here to discuss about my previous position as PBG"

He wants to be her personal body guard again so he can sweet talk her and ruin her life more than he already has? Why would I give him that chance?

"Actually I'm thinking about taking you off the security team all together", I spoke.

He tilted his head and raised an eyebrow, asking "Did I do something wrong? I don't believe I did anything to jeopardize myself this bad to be taken off the force completely?"

"To keep you up to date, we will have a new security guard joining our team. They seem to know you very well and I wouldn't want your presence to distract them from their job"

"With all due respect, what does that have to do with me? I was on the force before this new person was recruited. If they can't stay focused, how is that my fault? Shouldn't that be a red flag that they shouldn't be hired?"

"Well history makes things more difficult", I added.

"History? What does-"

"Don't make this worse for yourself"

He scoffed unintentionally and spoke, "How am I making this worse. I came here to speak with you about getting my job back as PBG but your threatening to kick me off the security force without any explanation. I've been more than capable on protecting Katsumi and what do I get for that? I get demoted down to scut work"

He really is...oblivious.

Katsumi P.O.V

"The team and I took a vote. We want to kick Shouta off the force"

Haruki may have his days where he doesn't like his coworkers, but this was new.

"Vote or no vote, it's not your call", I mumbled sadly.

"But as head of security, I do have the authority to ban him up to 14 days"

"Got me there", I sighed.

"I spoke to Yamada and he accidentally spilled about the marriage. You may be head over heals for that man, but you deserve better. There's so many people you could-"