Let It Out

Shouta P.O.V

"I came here to give you a song that Katsumi was working on. She seems very passionate about it, so I thought I should share it with you. She doesn't know that I have a copy, so don't go around singing it" ~ Chapter 21, "Take Notice"  from the book It's You.

This was the song.

That same tingling sensation struck my nerves, causing my temperature to rise. A light pink shaded my cheeks and my heart raced a bit.

Listening to the full thing was a bit overwhelming. From the sounds of it she sounds...sad. She doesn't feel good enough. She feels like she's not living. She doesn't feel wanted.

When did she write all this?

The song came to an end eventually and the crowd cheered, while only a handful of us stood there with concerned faces.

How do I applaud to a performance like that? She gave us an insight on her emotions with music attached.

It's like me saying how depressed I am, but adding a couple guitar solos in there. I wouldn't want somebody to clap to that, so why would she?

She walked off stage and I went chasing after her to see if she was ok. That sense of wanting to protect her took over and I wondered if it ever left.

Ever since she came to Japan, I could tell I've been different. Nobody in their right mind would ever think that I of all people would quit my job, date another woman out of spite, become a security guard for a singer or even cuss out their superior because of one silly change in formation. It was unlike me to do any of those things.

Dating is something rare for me and for me to call a favor in just to get back at Katsumi is odd enough. Then me applying to become her security guard because I felt the need to be around and keep an eye on her is screaming over protective. Same goes for me cussing out Haruki for changing the formation. As serious as it may have been because anything could've happened to her while I was gone, I shouldn't have approached the situation that way. I've always been rational about things, so why when she's involved I get emotional?

"Can't let you back there"

A hand grabbed onto my arm, catching my attention, bringing me back to earth.

I trailed my eyes from their arm to their face and saw Reiss with a drunken attitude.

"Why?", I asked.

She huffed as if it was obvious and pulled me back a couple steps, "I never really liked you", she shrugged.

As random as it was, it wasn't something I was oblivious to, "I'm aware. Now why can't I go back there?"

"Can you believe she suspended me? Me? I'm like her best friend and she pretty much fired me", she vented.

I mentally sighed to myself, not knowing how to respond. Reiss is drunk and I have no idea how to handle her. There's only 5 people I know I can handle, but she is not one of them.

"Look Reiss, whatever the reason may be-"

"It was you"

"What? How did I get you fired?"

"Well not directly, but *hiccup* you and Haruki got into it, she finds out by your wife, she confronts Haru and now we're here"

"That makes no sense"

"Katsumi is a great person and your just not. Give her a favor and leave her alone"

"Reiss-"

"Nope, let me finish. I am her best friend and will always be by her side. Doesn't matter that she fired me"