Chapter XVIII

Tension is everywhere. Hallways are quiet. Empty. Abandoned. It's been like this ever since the teachers announced that starting next week midterms begin and that all after school activities are cancelled too. Almost all of the students are taking it seriously and studying every time they can.

"Oi, Shino. Hinata. Do you guys understand any of this?!" Inukane-san slammed his math book on his desk and pulled his wild brown hair out of frustration. "Ahhh! My head is going to explode if I keep going!" By now, our classmates removed their eyes from their books to look towards our direction. Nonetheless, he was abrupted from erupting when we heard an exhausted female voice standing on the door frame of the room.
"Screaming and pulling your hair won't help at all, but I'm getting a headache from all the studying as well so lets take a break."

"Ino-chan, I thought you were with Shikamaru-san and Choji-san?"

"They're beyond lazy so I'll get lazy and end up not doing anything."

"Then where have you been the past two days?" The usually upbeat guy asked with a hint of curiosity and concern.

"Mostly cooped up in the damn library. Anyway, you guys want to go have lunch now?"

Aburame-san and I nearly jumped off our seats, we were that hungry and that tired and we kind of just laughed off a bit of our stress over something that's not so funny. With that, we all went down to the cafeteria that's deserted except for the small numbers of kids scattered around. Everything seems to drag lately with the exception of breaks because that just zooms by and we go back to class exactly like the same zombies we left as. I wish it was a bit longer than that though. Sigh. I'm beat.

Finally! I had to suppress the urge to throw my arms in the air and scream as the final bell rung. After we got dismissed by Kurenai-sensei, the three of us made our way to our spot to wait for Ino-chan and that's when we decided that we're going to have a group study tomorrow. I told her our plan once she got here and we all agreed that we're going to do it in Inuzako-san's house at 14:30 PM. I'm so glad that I could relax tonight since it's Saturday the next day. I hope they got a good night's rest as well.

Sigh. Just like I thought, any relaxation during this week will just quickly pass me by... Ah well. I opened my heavy eyes to meet another day and reread a message Ino-chan sent me last night before I fell asleep. She thought that it won't be a bad idea to go to his place together since she had a feeling I'll get lost on my way there. She's definitely right about that. We were greeted by a slightly happy Inusabe-san when he opened the door with a huge smile and, "Yo! Shino's upstairs already." Ino-chan just went in and headed upstairs while I hesitantly got inside.

"*Konnichiwa, kyou wa omaneki arigatou gozaimasu." Should I bow as well? I forgot what I was thinking when he just shook his head and leads me up the stairs by holding onto my shoulders.
*Hello, thank you for inviting us today.

It was only half an hour since we began when I was startled by four hands slamming on the table and find them laying down on the floor. "Ugh! I give up!" Aburame-san and I just sweat dropped as the other two yelped the same thing in unison, yet I couldn't help but let a quiet laugh escape from my lips. "What's so funny?!" They shared an annoyed look and said, "oi! Don't copy me, *baka." They continued talking at the same time for awhile until his mom came inside the room with some snacks. As soon as she does though, she yelled at them for being too loud and just smiled innocently at us before leaving with an empty tray.
*Stupid.

"Seriously, do the two of you understand any of it?" She asked after taking a sip of the cold strawberry lemonade.

"*Hai, it's a hassle at first but some practice is helpful." I answered carefully as not to sound like a know-it-all while the glass rimmed boy beside me nodded in reply.
*Yes