Chapter IX

Naruto's P.O.V

The rain hasn't stopped yet... She's getting worse every minute that passes. "Hinata, how far is your house from here?"

"A-a m-mile? I-I d-do-don't r-really kn-know, I-I'm un-unfam-miliar w-with t-t-this r-road."

"Eh?! Then why were you walking on this road?"

"W-well, I-I g-got wo-worried."

"Of what?"

"I-I'd r-rather n-not s-say."

I noticed her already red face got more dark, so I didn't press on the matter."Okay, okay. Here." I handed her my phone, "maybe you can get picked up here?"

"*Domo arigato gozaimasu."

*Thank you very much

Why did I offer to walk her home to begin with? Seriously, I'm acting more idiotic lately. She called home and told the person on the other end her dilemma.

"*Arigatogozaimasu, U-u-zum-maki-san."

*Thank you very much

She quickly returned my phone after she thanked me. I just gave her a huge grin as a reply, and I thought I saw her turn into a tomato. I most likely imagined that. We didn't talk after that, and I can't say anything to break the silence. It's as if I'm tongue tied and that's a rare thing.

Shortly after that, a car arrived to return her home. "*Mata ne, Hinata. Hopefully, the next time we see each other you're not unwell."

*See you later

"**Arigato gozaimasu." She said with a small smile, and in a flash she was gone.

**Thank you very much

My hand travelled to my chest, and I felt my heart beat irregularly. Whoa! My heart is beating so fast... Maybe, it was because of the lightning and thunder earlier. It'll stop soon. I kept my hand there for two whole minute. What the?! Why hasn't it stop?! I collapsed on the wet ground, and let the rain pour on my face. My breathing and heart beat slowly regaining its pace.What just happened to me...? Did I have a minnie heart attack?

After that day, I caught a cold for four whole days. All because I stayed too long outside in the rain. I wonder if she's okay now...

Hinata's P.O.V

Ah choo. It's been quite some time since I met him on my way home, and I keep remembering it. Ugh! I was so weak and he saw me in that state. Seriously, why did I have to show him how weak I am? Hinata, don't start feeling sorry for yourself now! I stood up, too fast, to get my own food downstairs. Wow, I've been gone for nearly a whole month... Luckily, I'm able to catch up because of the notes from Aburame-san. I owe him a lot too. After I finished my food, I returned to my room to work on my school assignments. I have to do as much as I can today!

My head starts to hurt after nine hours so before it gets worse I head for the kitchen. I quickly cooked an easy meal for the four of us and ate my share before I took my medicines.

"*Tadaima!" Hanabi was shocked when she saw me on the dining table as she passed by. "Nee-chan, you scared me."

*I'm home

"*Gomen'nasai." I said after I laughed at her reaction. "*Okaerinasai, how was your day?"

*I'm sorry, *Welcome home

"Eto, it went well and I had practice today, so I'm going to take a shower shortly. Are you feeling better now?"

"I just have a little headache, that's it. Thank you for asking."

"That's great! Hopefully it'll go away soon." She started to head for the stairs but she turned around. "When I come back, you're in your room resting, nee-chan!" She yelled as she ran upstairs.

I couldn't help but giggle at my sister's actions. "*Hai, hai. Arigato." She's so adorable.

*Yes

Afterwards, I went upstairs and laid down on my bed. Although I desperately clung onto my consciousness, I slowly slipped into a dreamless slumber. The last thing I saw was the burrowed jacket hanged on the door...

My beloved readers, thank you! ^^ Thank you for the nearly three hundred readers, eighteen votes, and multiple comments. Thank you so very much, and that's all for now. Sayonara, minna-san.

P.S. I promise to make the next chapter much longer.

Carver