Chapter V

A week passed since I encountered Uzumaki-san. I still have to return his gym clothes, but I just don't know where to start. I cannot ask the other sempais and nii-san himself. Sigh. I ought to do this soon because he probably needs it. Maybe, I can go look for him during lunch? Sheesh, just thinking about it makes my heart beat abnormally. Wait. What? Why would my heart do that? Sigh, calm down, Hinata. Calm down. I returned to reality when the bell rang for the next period.

In a flash, the bell rings to signal everyone that it's lunch time. Two weeks had passed since school started, and I had not made a single friend in my class. Sigh, I need to get my act together. I got off my seat and headed for the door. I'm walking in the hallway with my head down when I hear quick footsteps approaching me.

"Hinata-chan!" A girl's voice screamed my name as she gently hugged me, and my face was soon covered with brown hair. She slowly released me from the hug, and I see her countenance.

"Tenny-chan, what are you doing here? Are you not with nii-san?"

"Oh, Neji. He's in our spot already and he's waiting for us." Usually, I would eat lunch with nii-san and his childhood friend/girlfriend, Ten-Ten. We would go to the rooftop everytime, although it's against the rules.

"Ah, I can't. I still have to do something. May I ask you to tell that to nii-san?"

"Sure. Does it have to do with the guy you bumped into?"

My face quickly heats up, and I struggle to say anything. "Hai." It was the only word I managed to say.

She giggles before saying, "thought so, but are you sure you don't need any help? I might know him."

"No, thank you. I want to do it myself."

"Hai, hai. Hinata-chan is growing up so fast." She wipes her eyes off of fake tears, and, despite myself, I smiled at her antics. "Well, I'll leave you to it then. Ganbatte ne." She waves to me as she runs to our spot.

"Arigatou goizamasu. Sayonara." I waved back as she went on her way. I decided that it's best I go to the school's garden, even if he's not there. The weather is too nice for me not to enjoy it. Afterall, this may very well be my last year.

The garden is huge, and it can be compared to a size of a regular basketball court. There is a fountain in the middle of it all, and surrounding it are variations of authentic and exotic flowers. It's beautiful and peaceful. I wonder why people don't go here. I'm walking towards the fountain, when I hear a branch break. I go to its direction, and see a boy with bright orange hair.

"Eto. S-sumima-sen?" The boy slowly stands up, and I take a step back. He is, at least, twice my size, and I stand frozen as he turns to face me. I notice that he is holding something in his hand. Huh? His feeding birds? I slapped my face for my thoughts of him being dangerous.

"They were hungry." The boy said after a short period of silence.

"E-eto. Do you think they like bread crumbs?" He was confused for a moment, but nodded to answer to my question.

He and I fed the birds, and he returned them in their nest when the bell rung. I walk side by side with the quiet boy as I reach the outside of my class.

"Oi, Jugo!" A boy with white hair and too-pointy-to-be-normal teeth yelled to the gentleman beside me. "Where did you went off to? Kimimaro and I split up to look for you."

"I went to the garden and fed some birds with her." He pointed to me after he finished his sentence.

"Eh? Eto. K-Konnichiwa! Wa-watashi wa Hyuga Hinata de-desu," I quickly bowed my head.