Chapter 28 Sobs and Sorrow

~Lorenzo~

I wake up.

Bright blinding lights and loud annoying beeping sounds greeting me. I try to sit up but I am only met with a sharp stabbing pain hitting my chest. I groan in pain as I continue to try and push up but the pain is just too much as I fall back in defeat but suddenly the memories of yesterday come flooding back to me, hitting me like a freight train.

Screams, Doctor, Traitor, Gun shot, Blood, Carena, Beatrice, Hyde, My Boys, Death.

Failure.

I suddenly feel that overwhelming gut feeling of fear build up as I push past the unbearable pain and sit up. Winching and stiffling my screams along the way, pulling whatever was in my arm out! I manage to get into the sit up postion and proceed to stand up but just like clockwork. I fall back down on the bed. Tears now flooding down my face but I am stopped by the door opening. I look up seeing Dr. Hyde walking in. His face drooping and his eyes bloodshot. Much like mine.

He looks up from his chart for just a split second and stares me dead in the eye. His eyes going wide as he runs over to my aid. "Boss, your up!" He mumers as he presses a red button to the side of me and continues to start checking more charts and asking me basic questions such as How are you feeling, How is your pain to a scale of one to ten, what is your BM?

"Where is my family?" I ask hoarsily, my voice scratchy and rough. I see Hyde bite the inside of his cheek and look down at the ground. His eyes glassy...? "Hy-Hyde...." I whisper my voice breaking. "Where is my family?" He clears his throat and looks back up at me. Saying one word that I feared more then anything.

"Dead."

~Bice~

It's my fault.

It's all my fault, it's always my fault! Father was right. He is always right and cause of me. Everyone's gone...

"Beatrice, dove pl-please eat something." Wizzie says. Her voice sounds sad. It is now always sad. "If you don't eat. Your belly will hurt and you won't get better." I won't move, I just stare at my hands. Tears falling onto them. Why should I eat? Father said I'm not awoud. And Father has always and will always be wight.

I just shake my head and try to be quiet as I sob. Dey are all gone! Never to come back.....wike Mama. Da only one dat is otay is Enzo and he....he is sweeping, never to wake up again. So why should I eat? I am always in pain and if I eat, I will only throw it back up. Which will make me feel even worse so I might as well just starve. I see Wizzie sigh and place da tray of fruit and eggs down on da nightstand. We moved to a safe house a touple of weeks ago in Merica. Dey said dey won't get us here.

But I tink dey lie.

Tause dey said I was safe before and wook at what happend.

"Well, that's okay dove. We can try to eat at lunch. Now lets dry those tears." Wizze says her voice still calm and soft. Even tough she looks tired weawy tired. Wike me. I don't exactly know what happend. All I member is da guy and girl fighting, ten my family comes in, then I feel sweepy and member seeing bwood. Lots of bwood and when I wake up...I cover my face with my hands trying not to remember what I saw. All of them lying there on the floor. DEAD, not bweathing. All of tem covered in der own bwood. I feel Wizzie try and gently pry my hands from my face but I shake my head telling her no.

"Angelo mi piccalo, let me see your pretty face." I swowy lower my hands my tears flooding down faster then a waterfall. Small hiccups coming out as sobs. I see Wizzie open her arms and pull me into her grasp. Her warm embrace calming my nerves and soothing my soul but it is short lived as everting else in my life by a phone call. I see Wizzie take her phone out of her white tear stained apron and answer. "Hello-" She couldn't even finish when her eyes go wide. She gets out of the bed and begins pacing the room.

Making me nervous.

"Your sure?" She asks. "Okay yes....ummm, alright. Yeah just give me a minute." She hangs up and wooks back at me the biggest smile on her face.

"Lorenzo has woken up."