AKOMT_Part 7

DR. GREEN'S POV (warning, might be a bit different to how we've seen him)

I yelled at the nurses for a good 10 minutes after Dr. Williams had ran through those dooes with my Pookie. In the car, I'm prettu sure her appendix had ruptured. She opened her mouth and squeaked long and hard and her back even bowed as she seemed to tey and run from the pain in her own body. I prayed silently she would just go to sleep and ride it out and urged Owen to hurry up. The second we pulled up, Luke opened the door and I ran go the door with my Pookie in my arms. 

I'd had Luke.on the phone in the car given second by second.updates so.Williams was waiting by the door with a stretcher. U laid her dowb on it and began to walk beside her when I heard him say "Dr. Green you're much too close to the.patient. You'll have to wait out here." As he took her through the doors, the three nurses started tugging on my arm. I'd never hurt a woman and i had known Amanda, Tracy, and Megan for a while; i joked with them all the time and they were geat at their jobs. But at the time, they were seconds away fron seeing a whole other side of me. That was MY Pookie in pain.

She hadnt even woken up when I laid her down. She would freak out if one of us weren't with her when she woke up, i just knew it. I flung my arms up in the air in exasperation and to get the nurses to back the hell off.
The only girl i wanted near me right now was back their with a burst appe.dix.

I punched the wall and ignored the pain. It was nothing compard ti what Sang must ha e been feeling. Why didn't i rusus out of the door quicker? It was me beingreckless. How many times had Owen told me I shoud be more serious. This time its all my fault.

I was a doctor damnit. 
Think Sean. You know what's going on.
She'll be given an ultrasound probably; a urine test to test for urinary tract infection maybe but i knew it was her appendix so j wouldn't waste time with those tests. IF I WAS BACK THERE WITH HER!

Calm Sean. 
She'll be given antibiotics. If the appendix has really ruptured, which again they'll bw doing tests to prove right about now, then an.infection, peritonitis, may be present because of the release of the baceria and the possibility of the body "walling off" the infection. She'll live.
True people sometimes die from a ruptured appendix but Pookie got here in time. She'll be alright damnit
Shit. Then why do i feel like shit on a stick?

If only i had picked her up quicker. Or maybe i had checked my messages earlier. 

I knew she'd be fine but I couldn't take knowing i could have spared her that pain. I'm a doctor for petes sake. I save lives. I'm supposed to relieve pain, bring comfort to people, and i let the person who means the most ti me on the planet feel so much pain while she lay in my arms. I felt such rage at myself then and i wasnt sure how to let it out.

North would punch something. Kota would count. Nathan would do pushups.

God how could i let her down like that?!

I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked into Owen'a grey eyes. He'd been my bestfriend for years now. He'd saved my life in more situations than i cared to count. It was because of that i was able to see through his formal side and recognize how close he was to breaking. 
Breaking fjr a normal person might me crying or something. Breakibg for Owen meant something or someone ended up seriously fucked up. Anybody not hiding under a rock would be fair game to him too.
Maybe i should let him loose on those nurses who held me back....

"Come on. Lets go sit with the guys Owen. It'll be a while since they just went in before they tell us anything. I'll text Phil and let him know to keep himself and us updated on Sang."

Dr. Phil Roberts was my mentor and i loved learning to be a doctor at his side. I also loved how he kept those delicious candies in his pocket and with Sang at my side, I got even more of them from.him. Thinking of those candies made me think of the time Sang spent time here with me. We had a good time that day. Saw the babies. Ate apple pie. Took a nap.Pookie became a doctor. Oh I wanted my Pookie so bad. 

Ok so i wanted her every second of everyday but right now i wanted her even more. Oh, Pookie.