AKOMT_Part 17

**Mr. Blackbourne's POV**

I watched the elder Mr. Taylor clench his fists obviously angered at my questioning him of providing Ms. Sorenson with those folders.

Those folders, in numerical order from Solution 1 to Solution 2, contained documents that should have been classified. There was a copy of the official academy request I personally requested of Ms. Sorenson's background check when we first met her. There was also Dr. Roberts' copy of his findings when he discovered that she was indeed a ghost bird. Among the rest of the papers in the folder were documents from myself as well as the others when we'd had to request things for Ms. Sorenson, such as the helicopter Mr. Morgan used a favor upon to remove the sand pile Ms. Sorenson almost suffocated inside of. Things like that, which again should have been officially put into our group's file at Academy Headquarters, should not have been in Ms. Sorenson's possession.

I, myself, was concerned of what her possible reaction could be. The way I saw it, she could be angered at me for digging into her background. All of the documents were dated and Ms. Sorenson was no idiot, she would put the dates in chronological order and realized that I ordered the check before I really even knew her. That would reek of distrust and could set her back when she has come so far in trusting us.

The second folder contained pictures of various members of my family. They were innocent photographs to us, but to Ms. Sorenson, seeing them without knowing much about our Academy missions, she could definitely have a horrible reaction to that. She could finally leave us, something I've been hoping would never happen.

That was exactly the reason I created the rule stating that not one of us could bring in another bird, whether it was intimately or otherwise; Ms. Sorenson was not at a point where that would be acceptable. Not to mention, if my guesses were correct, every single one of my brothers were in love with Ms. Sorenson, and she with each of them. Perhaps even with me, as I am with her.

No, I could see no good coming out of Ms. Sorenson having those folders in her possession.

As I looked at her, Sean clutching her fingertips, I could clearly see a feeling of betrayal shining through her eyes and knew, without a doubt, that we would have some explaining to do or else we would surely lose our bird.