chapter 1- the day when I lost everything

"people who love endlessly despite all the hurt are the reason there is light. Do not let anyone try to diminish how big your heart is."

Humans. Foolish and strange creatures. That's how most of the others would describe us. I guess that isn't too far from the truth, after all, this world is full of mysteries and things we do not know we're capable of.

Humans. The creatures able to fall in love with someone else from their kind, and form a happy family together. Well, that was a lie, of course. I learned it for myself. There is no such thing as happily ever after.

I'll tell you the story of my life, about how I lost everything, grieved, went through hardships, but also about how I met him.

9 years ago- the west coast of America

I was sitting on the couch, playing with my mother, while my dad stared at us lovingly and laughed. I was together with my family in our cozy house. I couldn't have wished more because everything seemed perfect.

I made a big mistake

Then suddenly, the lights went off and a sparkling light made its appearance from the outside.

Only if I knew

My father took my hand and started walking towards the door, with my mum behind him, to see what is happening and what the commotion is about. That's when I saw it for the first time. That's when everything started to go wrong. That's when I saw the gate.

It had a unique aura, and the sight of it was mesmerizing. The energy surrounding it was getting stronger, warning me, warning the humans, and telling us that we're not going to be capable of handling it. It was telling us that the end is coming. Then, in the blink of an eye, non human creatures started to come out of the gate. Fear. Everyone started running, in a desperate attempt to escape the horrid sight. I didn't know what was happening but I knew that I needed to run away, and it seemed like everyone felt that way.

One of the creatures, which had only one eye situated next to his mouth, started coming towards us. I froze. My dad put his hands protectively in front of me in an attempt to shield me.

"Lisa take our daughter and run away"
and that was the last time when I saw my father.

A/n- hi everyone, this is going to be just a quick side note!

1. English is not my first language so you might find grammar and spelling mistakes, if you do, feel free to correct me in the comments :)

2. Suggestions are welcomed, so feel free to comment about your experience, what you like and what you dislike, I'll keep that in mind when I write other chapters

3. I can be slow when updating due to school and lack of motivation, but I'll still try my best to give you new chapters once a week, or earlier, but please bear with me and my laziness🧍‍♀️

4. Sung jinwoo will appear around chapter 5 or 6, since the story will be focusing on y/n in the first chapters

5. And yes, I wrote this here because my dumbass forgot to write an actual a/n before starting the story, since I didn't plan on publishing it

6. If you have any questions leave them in the comments!

Little character introduction:

Y/n was 13 when the gate appeared, meaning that she'll be 22 in the next chapters

!!sung jinwoo was around 23 at the start of the manhwa, so there's not gonna be a big age gap between them

-also the next chapters are going to be longer, this was just a short flashback, I hope you enjoyed reading it though