chapter 10- partners?... partners.

"Experience is merely the name men gave to their mistakes."

It was a rainy Thursday morning, the weather matching my train of thoughts. Chaotic, unpredictable. As I was sipping on my hot coffee, I couldn't help but stare in awe at the scenery laid before me. Even if rainy weather wasn't ideal in a lot of cases, there's a specific beauty to it. The sun tried making its presence known, by spreading rays full of light upon us, but the clouds strongly opposed the idea. The only thing that could be visible were small portions of light that managed to slip through.

It has been 2 weeks since I last saw hunter sung jinwoo. I'm still trying to figure out how to feel about that. That night, it felt like we somehow got closer, so this period of silence is really awkward.

I sighed as I got up from my chair and carefully put the empty cup of coffee in the sink. I looked at the time, silently hoping that I haven't been zoning out for too long: 6:43. I rushed to my room and got dressed as quickly as possible. I'm a pretty punctual person, and I value that in a person, but we all slip from time to time. I grabbed my things and got out of the door. Just as I was about to enter my car, I heard my phone ring, it was Michele. I threw myself on the driver's seat and answered the phone, getting ready for the news my secretary was about to deliver to me.

"sorry for the sudden call miss" Michele said in a rush "the chairman called"

After hearing that, I thanked Michele and informed her that I'd arrive at the guild soon. I reluctantly looked out of the window and wondered what the chairman needed from me. In 10 minutes or so, I arrived at the eagles' guild and entered my office. My secretary was waiting for me, ready to hand me today's schedule.

"I suppose this will be a busy day" I said, mostly to myself

"yes ma'am" she paused for a second, before bringing up the previous subject "the chairman asked me to let you know that he's available at any time of the day"

"did he mention what the sudden request is about?"

"no miss, he just asked you to come"

The old man isn't the type to make such a decision so suddenly, he would've requested a meeting ahead of time. This is probably important.

"let him know that I'll be there as soon as possible" I said, thanking Michele and leaving the room I just entered 5 minutes ago

-moments later-

I was greeted by two men dressed in full black suits, who led me to the meeting place. I was mentally preparing for what was coming, but nothing could've predicted what was about to happen. I pushed the doors and took a step inside, but stopped as I saw the sight before me. The chairman was laughing at a joke told by none other than jinwoo. I suddenly started feeling anxious, what was he doing here? The old man eventually noticed my presence, and signaled me to sit down next to the other hunter. He didn't seem surprised about my appearance, so he must've been aware of this.

"I'm glad you could make it, hunter okumura" he said, smiling politely

At this point, I was getting impatient, but I didn't dare to interrupt him. I decided to wait patiently for an explanation.

"I'll get straight to the point" sad the chairman, suddenly becoming serious "we discovered the existence of another S ranked gate, but this one is different than the rest"

I raised an eyebrow curiously, waiting for him to continue

"we can't get in it" he said, the mood suddenly changing "not only will that gate become a walking bomb and a threat to humanity if we don't close it, but it could also serve as a way to get more informations. It doesn't seem to be a usual gate in any shape or form"