chapter 4- what is his name?

The line between reality and dreams is nonexistent to a daydreamers eye
"Having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness."

I woke up tired, and as I got up from my bed, I made my way through the kitchen to make myself some coffee. The nightmares and strange events have been taking my sleep and peace of mind as well, so it would explain why I am feeling this way.

As I was blankly staring at my cup, while getting lost in my thoughts, I heard my phone ring. For a moment, I forgot that I have responsibilities to fulfill. When I looked at the screen I saw Michele, my secretary, calling me.

I picked up and I noticed a slight hint of worry and fear in her voice:

"Miss, the korean hunter association called regarding a matter than seems quite important. Should I schedule a meeting with mr.Go?"

I knew that the chairman wasn't the type of person to make these decisions on a whim, without proper notice, so it must be important.

"Where is the chairman at the moment?"

"He went back to the association, do you want me to call him?"

"Please do that, and announce him that I'm going to pay him a visit."

As I got out of my house, I opened my car door, plugged the keys, and started driving towards my destination. I wonder what matter is the old man going to tell me about, since it couldn't wait.

As I entered the door of the association, I made my way through to halls, until I arrived in front of the chairman's office. The doors opened in front of me, revealing an old man sitting in his chair and signing some papers.

"I guess he's still a work alcoholic" I told myself while making my way towards the chair situated in front of his desk.

"how are you doing Mr.Go?"

"there's no need for formalities (y/n), feel free to call me by my name"

"alright then, is your health alright old man?"

"you don't need to worry about that, I'm almost as strong as when I was in my prime"

"I'm glad you're doing alright, but I think that's a little bit exaggerated"

The chairman slightly smiled at my remark, then spoke up:

"I suppose you want to know the reason why I called you here"

"indeed I want to know what is this all about"

"let me start by asking a question, do you remember the jeju island situation?"

I frowned for a couple of seconds, remembering the danger level that gate is possessing, and the countless lifes that were lost, in an attempt to close it.

"of course I do, is this matter related to the reason why you called me?"

"I see you catch up fast. To make it short, we want to retry the jeju island operation once again, with the support of high ranking hunters and multiple guilds"

He paused for a moment, then made eye contact with me:

"I want your support as well. After all, I was the one who trained you in the past years, so I can confirm that you are an exceptional hunter"

The chairman's words took me by surprise and made me feel happy at the same time. It felt nice knowing that he's proud of me. Without hesitation, I answered:

"it's a deal then. I'll help with the raid, you also have the full support of my guild"

"I was sure you would accept my request. The youngsters these days are all impressive."

The chairman paused for a couple of seconds, then continued talking:

"There is also a young man joining the raid, he is a hunter who's currently climbing the ranks and making his way to the top. He's pretty impressive if I can say so"

A new hunter? Is he one of those prodigies who are born naturally talented? I hope he will be a decent person, after all.

I made small talk with the chairman, then decided to take my leave, as I had another raid to attend to. While I was going towards my guild, a question suddenly appeared in my mind.

"what was the new hunter's name?" I asked myself, being surprised of my own thoughts. I usually don't pay attention to other hunters, but I guess that the chairman's description of this person made me curious. You don't see the old man praising someone very often.

A/n

Sung jinwoo will  finally appear in the next chapter :)
Please don't forget to for vote the story, it helps a lot