chapter 9- a long night

"some things are more precious because they don't last long."

After a couple of minutes spent in silence I decided to speak up. I have already made my decision:

"I'll accept your offer" I said, staring back at jinwoo

He slightly smiled hearing my answer, then he pulled something out of his pocket, handing it to me. It was a piece of paper, with a phone number written on it.

"that's my private phone number, if anything comes up and you need my help you can call me"

His words were sincere, indeed, but his arrogance took me by surprise. I decided not to say anything about it though. I would need his phone number eventually to talk about business, so I'm glad he willingly gave it to me.

Soon after that me and jinwoo left the restaurant. I wanted to pay for the drinks but mister Oscar, jinwoo's friend, insisted that it was free. I didn't want to argue with an elder so I decided to thank him and take my leave.

Me and the other hunter were currently standing in front of the door, with curious stares on us. People were starting to recognize who we are. I quickly put my hoodie over my head and signaled jinwoo that it's time to leave. He understood my message, covering his face with a mask. We purposely got lost in the crowd to be less noticeable. After we saw that the area was safe we decided to go to a more quiet place. The place we chose was a dark alley that seemed empty. Not the best choice but we gotta work with what we have.

I sat down on the ground breathing in and out. When I looked back at hunter jinwoo I saw him summoning one of his shadow soldier.

"What are you doing? Anyone could see your dragon from kilometers away, do you want us to get noticed"

I was slightly panicked but all he did was laugh. I didn't understand his reason for doing so, but I stayed silent and continued to stare at him.

"We have no other way out so you can choose to remain here in the dark smelly alley with people chasing after you, or you can come with me to a safe place" he said, hopping on his shadow dragon

I took both options into consideration and the best one was to leave. Even if other people saw us we could say that we met for business purposes. Without thinking any further, I jumped on the huge dragon holding onto its back.

"hold on tight" jinwoo said, while ordering his shadow soldier to go up

I noticed the surprised and questioning looks from other people, but I was interrupted by the sudden movement. Before I could notice we were already flying up in the sky at a fast rate. I decided to stay quiet and enjoy the view, you don't get to ride a dragon everyday. I laid on my back and looked in jinwoo's direction. I saw his blue eyes staring at the sky, his eye color matching the one above us. I didn't notice, or I didn't bother to look until now, but he was actually quite attractive. His dazzling eyes that are matching his face shape perfectly and the black hair being one of his more outstanding features.

It took me a couple of seconds before I realized that jinwoo was looking back at me, then we made eye contact. I quickly turned away, embarrassed by my own actions. He noticed me staring didn't he? I probably look like a creep now. I expected him to make a remark about it but instead he just laughed. Maybe this situation was funny for him or he was mocking me, one out of the two.

The rest of the flight was awfully silent and neither of us was willing to break the tension. Luckily, we finally arrived at our destination. I quickly got off being happy that I can finally go home, but that was not the case. I looked up just to find myself standing in front of an amusement park. I was confused for a couple of seconds, then threw a piercing glare at jinwoo.