chapter 2- the life of a hunter

"for the stars that listen, and for the dreams that become reality"

-present day-

I woke up in a cold sweat, reaching out and getting a glass of water, in an attempt to calm down my heart beat. It's been a while since I had these dreams, but I guess I can't escape them completely.

Right when I was about to get up from my comfy bed and start my daily routine, I got a call.

"good morning miss okumura, I looked into the matter you asked me to, but I couldn't find anything"

A wave of sadness came over me and made me get lost in my thoughts for a couple of seconds.

"Miss, are you there?"

"Ah, yes, I'm sorry for spacing out. Regarding that matter, please keep looking into it and tell me if you find anything"

"I understand"

"Now, what's the schedule for today?"

"I wanted to tell you about this matter as well, a new gate has appeared in Seoul, and the hunter association requested your help. Should I tell them that you're going?"

"I guess there's no need in bragging about it, let the raid begin"

You might be wondering what and who are the hunters? If I'm being honest, I do not know the exact answer to that myself, but I'll explain briefly the important part.

It all started 10 years ago, on the west side of America. A huge gate has appeared, with diverse monsters coming out of it, threatening humanity. Soon after that we learned that those gates hold a powerful energy, each one of them having a rank depending on their power and level. After the appearance of the gate, the enormous energy started flowing through the air, and eventually, people started gaining supernatural strength and posses abilities, far beyond the brain of a human.

After the gate closed, the monsters dissapeared as well, leaving us with questions and fear, fear of what is to come and what we're about to face. That's when they started appearing. More people started gaining powers, and as a result of that, a new force dedicated to protecting humanity was established. They call themselves hunters. Despite the fact that the world we knew until then changed completely, we managed to adapt to it.

A new era has begun.

After learning more about the world we're currently living in, more hunters started to appear. But there were more powerful gates and monsters as well. Eventually there were new things that started forming, such as guilds, where more hunters worked in teams, in order to defeat the monsters. And as we started ranking the gates and monsters, hunters were ranked as well, depending on their power and abilities.

You may be wondering who am I? Well, I am hunter okumura, national rank hunter and the president of the eagles, guild number 2 in the world. I have not become a hunter to seek titles or power, but I made a promise which I need to fulfill. That's why I am dedicating my life to protecting the people of this country and world, from the evil that's waiting to strike.

Right now I am heading towards an A rank gate, as the main attack force in this operation. I am usually in charge of S rank gates and leading operations from behind the scene, but this matter was urgent so I must show up.

I entered the gate and after 2 hours I got out. When I set foot back in the outside world I was greeted by screams of gratitude coming from the citizens and reporters surrounding me in an attempt to ask me questions. While I was trying to answer them to the best of my power, I saw a man walking in front of me. He had raven hair, with bright blue eyes, making his flawless pale skin even more visible. I was astonished by the sight in front of me, but the thing that stood out to me the most was not bring able to sense his presence, I could barely feel it even if he was right in front of me.

This man couldn't be an ordinary person, I told myself, and my doubt was confirmed when we made eye contact for a couple of seconds, then he dissapeared into the shadows.

A/n

The first time you saw your prince charming ^^ there will be little interaction between you two in the beginning, but there's more to come in the future chapters :)