chapter 7- unexpected offer

"Two people who have spent a long time together do not need words to express their feelings"

next day

It was the morning after the jeju island raid. I was sitting on my couch trying to find a good movie to watch, but everything people were talking about was yesterday's raid. I can't blame them though, it was a chaotic day both for us, the hunters, and for the rest of the population.

After I returned home, I noticed the huge crowd of reporters waiting in front of my house. I also received letters from guilds all over the country, and a couple of them were from influencial people. Of course I didn't pay attention to the letters and reporters waiting at my door, my current concern was what happened yesterday.

Flashback

I was staring out of the window and noticed the bunch of reporters waiting in front of my guild. I knew that telling them to go away would only raise more questions, so I had to answer whatever they wanted to know.

I got out of my car, shutting the door loudly behind me, to attract the reporter's attention. They all started coming towards me, in order to ask questions, but they were stopped by my bodyguards.

"miss y/n what do you think about today's raid? do you believe that more powerful beings will come on earth and end humanity?"

"you were seen hugging hunter sung jinwoo, is it true that you're more than friends or is it just a groundless romour?"

"what was the ability you used to take the dungeons boss down? did you have a reason for keeping it a secret until now?"

"could you tell us your opinion about the newly reported gate?"

I was overwhelmed by their sudden questions, but I took a deep breath and started clapping my hands, as a sign that I was about to speak. The reporters fell into silence, waiting for my speech.

"I am going to answer your questions, but one at a time. I'll be here for 30 minutes, because I have some urgent matters to attend afterwards. Choose your words carefully before speaking"

The crowd in front of me understood, raising their hands in order to ask a question. It's childish that we have to do this in order to keep it civil. I pointed to a lady wearing a black shirt, getting ready to hear her question.

I answered 6 reporters before the 30 minutes ran out. They didn't look pleased nor dissapointed with my answers, but that should do for now. I was tired and I needed to rest. After wrapping things up I headed back to my car and drove home, while music was playing in the background.

After arriving, I jumped on my bed, not caring if I'd get it dirty. I stayed like that for a while, thinking about today's events. One of the reporter's question started ringing in my head:

"you were seen hugging hunter sung jinwoo, is it true that you're more than friends or is it just a groundless romour?"

"Hm so his name is sung jinwoo" was all I could think about, without noticing the last part of that phrase

I slowly closed my eyes, and let myself fall asleep, the fatigue taking over me.

end of the flashback

I decided to have my breakfast, choosing eggs and fries. A simple but good meal. I silently ate my food while watching cat videos on youtube.

"I should adopt one as well" I told myself, while taking a bite of my egg

After finishing my breakfast I decided to head back to my guild, in order to sign some documents and take care of any possible problem. I decided to take a walk on my way there, since I didn't live that far from it.

When I arrived, I was greeted by my secretary. We made small talk on the way to my office, until we were in front of it.

"what are the urgent matters I need to take care of?" I asked her, waiting for an answer

"you need to write back a couple of the letters received, and take a look at the applicant's list for this year"

"I forgot it was already the time for that" I muttered to myself, not paying attention to the other people

The applicant's list is just a bunch of documents received from people who want to join our guild. I usually have to take a look at it every year, before my secretary solves the official matters.

I thanked Michele and asked her to bring me a coffee, while I made my way to the desk. I sat down and looked at the pile of files standing in front of me.

"I guess it's time for work" i said, while grabbing one of the documents

-two hours later-

After looking at almost all of the applicants, I decided to take a break. That's when Michele came knocking on my door, telling me that it's time for lunch. Sometimes it feels like she's my big sister, and I really appreciate her for her kindness. I told her that I'd come down soon, and eat together with the members of my guild. It's been a while since I've done that, since I'm usually hiding in my office.

Not too long after leaving, my secretary knocked on my door again. I let her in and listened to what she had to say

"miss y/n, someone is here to see you, may I let him in your office?"

I had no idea who it could be, except from some officials trying to get on my tail. Michele did say it's a "he". I guess I'll have to find out for myself.

"let him in" was all I said before the door opened completely, revealing hunter sung jinwoo

I was surprised by his presence, I didn't expect him to want to meet me after yesterday's raid. Maybe he also heard the rumors and wants to clear things up, that seems most plausible.

He started walking towards me, and sat on a chair. I suddenly remembered yesterday's events and I became slightly embarrassed by my actions. I don't usually express my emotions in that way. Jinwoo looked at me, and starter introducing himself

"hello I'm hunter sung jinwoo, it's nice to meet you miss y/n"

I was surprised by his gesture, but decided to also introduce myself.

"it's a pleasure meeting you formally. what is the reason you requested to see me, if you are willing to tell me"

"I'll get right to the subject then" he said getting up from his chair "I want to collaborate with you"

I didn't exactly know what he meant by collaborating and this was all too sudden for me.

"can you explain more briefly?" I asked him, trying to get answers

"I heard you were about to have lunch, shall we go together and discuss this?"

I was hesitant at first, but ended up accepting his request. I'll see what his intentions are once we arrive there.

A/n

This was all for today's chapter! As you may see I'm trying to post pretty often since I know I won't be able to do so later.

Would you like if I added bonus chapters with y/n and sung jinwoo? Kinda like fillers🧍‍♀️ I'm still thinking about the idea but I wanted to ask y'all :)

Also thanks for reading my story and showing me support, I appreciate it <3