━ kaeya ; set in stone

angst ; requested.

a/n: i made this as continuation of "Unexpected Acquaintance" but not set in the same time, picture it as a few weeks after.

// tw: mention of ab*se, g0re content ahead, please proceed with your own risk.

edited.

All that can be heard was the gusts of wind at the nights of mondstadt as you were walking back to your house. You see Katelyn asleep on her stall, but something else in your side view caught your eye. You squinted your eyes, making sure it was not some hallucination from your tiredness, and you saw a figure next to the wall of your house.

As you got closer, you were more confused and froze upon seeing the cavalry captain. He was panting, out of breath, and looked tired as he held himself steady with his hand on the wall. He would probably pass out anytime soon.

You wanted to help him, especially with his situation right now where anyone can easily take him down. But if anyone saw you with him they might make assumptions. Neither was this your business, adding that to reasons you want to avoid him.

A thud was heard from his direction. He had passed out, now laying on the ground as if a dead body. You decided you should help, and while there was nobody around you ran over to him and picked him up. Or well, tried to.

Good Lord was he heavy. But you managed to put one of his arm around your shoulder and started turning around to head to the door. You managed to do it, however he gained a slightest bit of consciousness after you crashed into a wall.

"...little lady?" He said in a tired voice. You looked at him and smiled slightly.

"Captain, if you're awake, please try and walk, I can't carry all your weight. But I will help you." With that, he looked at you and nodded, slowly walking with you helping keep him steady.

When you reached your door is the only time you've realised you should have taken him to HQ instead. You mentally face palmed at yourself and when you were about to go back, you heard someone come out of their house.

You heard them step closer, so you did the only thing in your mind in state of panic and threw Kaeya in your house making him fall face first on the floor. You quickly shut the door, holding your breath.

You calmed down when you heard the person leave, and finally noticed the unconscious man lying on the floor of your house. Sighing, you picked him up again and dragged him to a couch setting him there.