━ kaeya ; restart

angst to fluff ; requested

college/high school au

You did not know what went wrong, where it went wrong, still, you find yourself alone in a horrible place.

Only two months of dating, and Kaeya's already calling a break up. You watched as he continued flirting with his new girlfriend. You can only ever be confused with how he's moved on, but I'm guessing that is Mr. Perfect for you.

You sighed as you walked in to your class, and tried your hardest to pay no mind to him. You greet your friends, classmates and walked over to your seat in the middle. Right in the middle. At least we know you aren't the main character based on that narrative.

You pulled out your notebook and started scribbling random nonsense. Usually, you'd have people talking to you. However, that was when you were still dating the bluenette. Now that you've broken off your relationship, each and every one distanced themself, slowly but surely.

You were left completely alone. You didn't understand anything. Any concept of it all. Everything in your mind was a mess.

After a few minutes, the bell rang, indicating that class was soon to begin. And walked in the devil himself, along with his girlfriend.

She took a seat, next to the window, a perfect place to view the world. It used to be your seat, in your second year of going to school here.

You watched as Kaeya complimented and winked at his new girl and see her turning her head away with a flushed face. You felt pity. How long was their relationship going to be?

You now understood what Amber meant, when she told you he was only Mr. Perfect for a short minute. You understood what everyone meant now. But still, you fell for him.

It was irritating. How smoothly he made everyone fall for him. Girls, boys, everyone in between, any gender, slowly he has them all slipping in a lake of ice, appearing at the right place, at the right time and makes them fall for him so easily.

It felt like the gods were finally on your side when he asked you to be his and his only. You pressed your pen harder on the paper, recalling that memory, almost ripping the paper. You watched them finish their interaction with gritted teeth. But you had nothing to do with him now.

After ages of waiting, your teacher finally arrived and started the class after apologizing for his delay. Class went by slower than ever, just like any other day. You barely kept any focus, your mind was all over the place, you didn't even know if you were in the right class.

But finally, it was all over. You walked out of class not minding anything anyone has to say. Though, it isn't like you had anyone who wanted to talk to you.

Months had passed and every time, you see Kaeya with a different girl. Every. Single. Time.

Kaeya Alberich, what is your motive?

You could only imagine what he's said to them to win their hearts. Probably 'You are the only one I've ever imagined' just like he did to you. Only an eternal love bullshit he never and will never mean.

You sat by under a tree, closing your eyes as the wind caressed your cheeks. Your thoughts slowly drifting off along the winds.

You can hear faint footsteps crushing leaves and the feeling of someone sitting next to you.

You slowly opened your eyes and quickly widened them when you saw the one and only Mr. Perfect setting next to you.

"You! What are you doing here?" You asked coldly, and clearly he knew that you were still mad at him.

He sighed and looked at you, softening his gaze, but only to his dismay your cold expression never changed. You saw guilt in his eyes, but kept your guard up for you still know not of his intentions.

"I know our relationship wasn't the best." He started, averting gazes from you.

"It wasn't. In fact, Kaeya, it was amazing up until.. well you." You said, not once lowering the intensity of your stare at him.

"I admit that. And I am not here to lie to you anymore. I want you to accept this as a genuine apology. I do not wish to have a romantic relationship again, however your forgiveness is all I hope for." He says, guilt lacing his voice. And for the first time, he's said something that felt genuine. Not even his confession felt this genuine.

"I... will consider." You toned down the coldness in your words.

He looks at you with a soft smile mouthing a 'thanks' and slowly getting up to leave.

"Do you... mind staying a little while?" You say, stopping him before he gets up. He simply nodded and sat down, leaning his back on the tree.

You sat next to him, and without realizing tears streamed down your delicate face. He watched you sob, and wiped your tears away, a wave of guilt washing over him multiple times knowing he was the cause.

"You... really expect me to forgive you?" You spat suddenly, taking him aback.

You laughed between sobs, and he could only watch in regret for all the trouble he has caused you and put on you to bare alone.

"Every month, you get a new girl. Every day, after our break up, I've only been hoping you feel a certain guilt for it. And now, after almost one year, a week right before our graduation..."

"NOW you feel the guilt?" Every single word that came out of your mouth laced with venom.

He kept quiet and still wiped your tears before you slapped his hand away from your face. You get up and leave, until you feel a warmth in your back.

Strong arms held you still and closed up in a hug. His chest pressing up against your back, you widened your eyes.

The warmth you've longed for. The warmth only one person can give.

"I'm sorry. And if you wish to never see me again, then I will leave. After our graduation, I will move in with my brother, then, you will never have to meet me again." He whispered, still hugging you from behind.

You bit your lower lip in thought. Maybe you did feel guilty. Maybe he is being genuine.

"No." You said. He lets go and you turned around, cupping his face in your hands.

"Kaeya, I may not be as fond of you as I used to, but I will never wish to not see you again. If anything, Kaeya, I liked you and still do, however I hate your ingenuities with commitment."

He was even more taken aback. No coldness whatsoever in your voice. How he missed your soft voice.

You smiled at him and retracted both your hands, dropping them beside you. Your gaze softens, looking at him, maybe seeing a change in him. His gaze on you stayed as gentle as it was.

You sighed with a small smile and went in to hug him, he was surprised by this action but found it in him to hug you back as the wind flowed your hair along.

It could only be so long, but perhaps, you may restart from the beginning. Before all chaos has happened, maybe with a more genuine relationship.