━ diluc ; second to one

fluff ; requested

modern au - ish ?

a/n: i feel like he is one to start being flirty/bold ish when he realises he actually likes someone as more than a friend/when in a relationship so, i apologize if you don't like his personality here.

also this is quite long as i had to give the three characters enough attention along with the fluffy moments with diluc and ofc jealousy.

"Diluc.. you're quite early. Is there a specific reason behind this?" You said as you placed the children toys to their respective places and shelf. The children at the daycare had already been picked up by their parents, so it was you alone left. Well, other than your boss.

"..Not quite. Am I not allowed to see you?" He said ever so casually. You got flustered with his words, and you don't even know if they were meant genuinely or not.

"N-no, it's not like that! Just.. you never come this early that's all." You replied, well, if you think about it,  the kids who were usually staying until around evening are picked up quite early today too.

"Well then, I was wondering if you'd like to have a small walk." He said bluntly. You looked at him, a little excited but remember that your shift isn't over.

"I'd love to! But, my shift isn't over until two hours." You said, scratching the back of your head. he sighed and you felt bad for declining, especially since you were rather excited to go too.

"Alright then, I'll just-" He was about to speak, but you cut him off.

"It's fine! I'll ask my boss if I can take today's shift off." You said, waving your arms around. A smile crept on his face, and with you being you, you had to tease him about it.

"Did you just smile? I think I just saw you smile." You teased, you see a tint of red on his face before he turned away and walked towards the door.

"W-wait! It's not a bad thing, it's not a bad thing! I think your smile is cute!" You said, panicking that you might have said anything wrong. But realising you admitted he was cute made you panic even more.

You held your face in your hands, with your delicate hands  cupping your own cheek, feeling it get warmer.

"So I'm cute now?" He said from the doorway. Your already red face went even more red if possible.

Just in time, your boss came out. She looked at you, then Diluc and back at you. Then walked over to you.

"Is everything okay here? Your face is red, do you have a fever?" She asked. You simply shook you head at her, waving your hands in front of you.

"Not at all, Miss. I was just.. about to ask if I can take the rest of the day off." You replied to her. She lets out an 'ah' and thought about it for a while before replying.

"I see. Hm, I guess you can take the day off. You seem to be.. having plans?" She says more like a question, once again taking a look at Diluc.

"But it's alright. I will handle the rest from here." She says, turning back to look at you.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want to burden you." You said, just in case. Your boss rarely comes outside of her room unless it was a very important matter so you would hate it to have to make her work extra.