House MD: (Hilson) "Teddy Bear Timeline"

Admitting right here: I don't remember the plot of House too well since it's been a while since I've watched it. Main thing is I'm not strong enough of a person to go and rewatch it because of how much angst is in it.

Therefore, it starts to stray from canon with certain plot points written in that are taken from the show (or what I remember of it).

Also! This is another fic in my AU of nothing bad happens and everyone is happy because I am stressed.

[「-」]

None of the fellows could remember why they had broken into House's place. There probably wasn't a very specific reason but there they were. It was House's fault for training all of them to be so good at breaking and entering so no one commented.

There was the piano, the guitars, the very cramped bookshelves, the haphazardly tossed objects on the coffee table, and little details they could see that just seemed right... except for the fact so many of the places were neat.

They eventually entered House's bedroom and the questions they had all died. The bed was also haphazardly made with wrinkled sheets tossed over the bed, looking like it had been done in under two seconds. Next to the bed were two nightstands, one with small, seemingly random knick-knacks riddled on it and the other bare with only a simple wood coaster and paperback book. The fellows spotted the business formal clothing resting on the back of a chair and immediately they all got what was going on. Chase picked up the tie that was resting out and everyone could recognize the tie as Wilson's.

While everyone else muttered to each other about this, Kutner had made his way towards a smaller table towards the corner. He waved his colleagues over. There, on the table, were two teddy bears sitting next to each other, surrounded by pictures. The pictures were smaller polaroid pictures that seemed to make a timeline and they hung on a piece of beige twine, held up by old-fashioned, crafts clothespins. It looked like it would sit next to a "Live, Love, Laugh" poster.

Thirteen gingerly took the first picture from the clothespins. The rest of the fellows passed it around after looking at it with narrowed eyes and more questions arising.

On the left was a grey-furred bear with blue eyes. The grey bear was wearing a light blue turtleneck under the grey blazer and had a cane in its hand.

The bear on the right was a brown bear with brown eyes, looking almost black. It was wearing a red tie, white dress shirt, a deep-plum colored sweater vest, and a lab coat.

Thirteen turned the picture around. On the back, it said "Fuck you, Wilson, this isn't funny, you ass" in familiar handwriting. She snorted with laughter and relayed the sentence to the rest who either shared similar sentiments or became more boggled.

Cameron was the first to speak up after Thirteen relayed the message. "I think this the first time we had started working with him, I remember the turtleneck."

Chase agreed with her, "I do also remember him taking the piss out of Wilson's sweater vests at some point when we started working there." Foreman didn't say anything else and examined the picture further.

...

The first bear was a joke. Wilson gave the grey teddy bear to House after he had started working with his fellows. It was sort of a teasing "congrats for finally working with humans!" gift. There was a small shop nearby that made custom-made teddy bears for a decently reasonable price. Wilson handed a picture to the friendly old man who made the bears and commissioned the outfit and cane.

When House returned to his home, he spotted the bear and cursed to himself. It was cute but he hated it. It was so very Wilson of the oncologist to do this. He shoved the teddy bear in a corner of his closet until the day following that one.