BBC Sherlock: (Pride Prompts) "Happier With You"

Prompt: Tears

Though, it's a happy ending. I might rewrite this because that's hOW I LIVE or NOT... because that's what people DO.

Okay. Yeah. Thank you for coming to my TedTalk.

Look between the lines or rather, at the lines

[「-」]

Tears, something Sherlock never welcomed in his days of the living, tears were just a substance, a liquid, running down an individual's face due to the rise of intense emotions. He had never wanted to feel them because if he stood in front of someone with tears flowing down their face, it was probably because of him and he never truly liked it.

But he had tears in his eyes when he looked at John from the ledge of the hospital, where he dropped the phone on the ground after typing 'Lazarus' with one hand and the other hand shoved in his pocket, his jacket's pocket.

Goodbye, something that Sherlock said, the seven letters he ran over with his mind and mouth, how two words were decided to be shoved into one with another meaning yet still derived from two others. Just like their friendship, how two people rammed together, one flat, became one thing. They were 'Sherlock and John', not 'Sherlock' and 'John', even though they were two people with two personalities, interests, looks, tastes.

He had said goodbye to John when he slotted his hands with Mary's, a woman who then brought their child into the world, 'The Women,' perhaps, because John was jealous of Irene the same way Sherlock was jealous of Mary. Jealous. It killed him.

Jealous, he didn't do jealous, hell, he was one of the smartest people in the world and the envy he spat at John was really just an insult he could muster up in the brain of his. He loved being that person where people swooned over like a character from a show or movie.

The center of attention, yet some days he wished the press didn't put the adjective, that title in front of John's name and wouldn't be so defensive about such things. 'Bachelor John Watson?' He had coughed out with his eyes widened. Oh, how he wished those simple things.

Bachelor, the term both men had in front of their names, in front of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson. Doctor John Watson. His Doctor John Watson. That was about to be called a 'married man' to the people he knew.

Lestrade patted him on the back with a smile, Mycroft gave polite congratulations, Mrs. Hudson clapped in joy, Harriet gave him a 'sisterly lecture' and Sherlock? He felt his world come to a close because being in hell with John would be better than here.

Selfish, that's what they called him, a man with no heart, no soul, no love. He was the virgin with a, now, broken heart.

Heart, he didn't have one. He'd be happier here without one.

Happier. You look happier, you do.

Such a mundane word yet Sherlock could only imagine what it felt like. Was he really this low?

Such a mundane feeling yet Sherlock could only dream what it felt like, not that he wanted to.

Were they lies?

A world without John Watson.

The word between lines.

My friends told me one day I'd feel it too.

Words between lines.

I could try to smile to hide the truth.

Between lines.