Sherlock: (Johnlock) "Puzzles"

This one was written in March of 2019, so it's not really a bit of a stretch when I say "old work, sorry for bad writing skills." I completely forgot about this one shot. Enjoy!

If there's inaccuracies then I'm too lazy to change them. And I also censored the swearing back then as a young-in. 

[「-」]

Would it be stupid for John to say that he sort of liked having Sherlock be faster than him? Yes, he does know that it gave him a big disadvantage when chasing criminals, as Sherlock was a bit rash in these situations and was always so awfully close to getting himself killed. But John enjoyed seeing Sherlock's ways of catching criminals, it was fascinating.

John trailed behind, a quick jog sending him to the alleyway, flinging his back onto the brick wall of a building, panting. It had been two vigorous hours of Sherlock and himself hunting down the culprit. 

"F*ckin' Sherlock... you-- godd*mnit," John grumbled as his breath cut off at the sight of barren sidewalks and orange sky that lead John to place his hand on his neck and feel the rapid beating of his heart that would've passed by minutes ago. John's eyebrows furrowed as he heard the thumping of a heart... no, that was footsteps.

"Sherlock! You bloody git!" John whispered, as his eyes drew a line of the blurs that passed the opposite opening of the alley-way, which was his cue to run. John blinked a couple of times as he chased after the two, his jacket flowing in the wind, not as much as Sherlock's of course.

"John." A sharp voice came to John's ears, and before he could respond, even with a questioning 'huh?' he slammed into the wall. John watched as Sherlock angled his head down, covering his face with a low shadow and as Sherlock gradually raised his profile to face John, he could see the sharp features of the younger Holmes brother looking at the opening of the alleyway, where they just came from.

Sherlock's deep eyes met John's before Sherlock released John from a tight grip of pinning him to the wall. John looked down at the place where Sherlock's hand was just holding before he sighed. About to open his mouth as to counter the utter silence, Sherlock raised a finger to his lips and John heard it. The sound that was of a clicking of the tongue. 

They had a gun.

Of course, that's why Sherlock was busy to hide. Sherlock's gun was dropped in the water from the first part of the chase, now, they had to chase them. It was not surprising that Sherlock knew they had a gun, it was not very well hidden in both of the partner's minds. With an iron-grip, John took Sherlock by the hand and lead the slender detective to the back door of a building. 

"John, we are not going in until be can confirm where they are," Sherlock said right as the two faced the door. John sighed before his shoulders scrunched up as a loud 'bang' came from the other side of a building.

"They're right on the other side," Sherlock stated bluntly before adjusting his scarf.

"You are not going to just--" John hissed, wide-eyed before Sherlock pulled out another gun.

"The hel--" John was shushed again by the 'click' of the gun by Sherlock's doing then, with no warning, Sherlock tossed John something. John held it in his hand, a puzzled expression painted on. There was no sign of it being a weapon of any kind, it was not anything John had ever seen. A black square, which looked like the Kaaba, so sleek in design and top of that, no buttons were to be found, which ultimately left John asking questions on why something looking so practical was in Sherlock's pockets.

"You going to tell me what this is?" John raised an eyebrow before Sherlock shook his head and sprinted out the alleyway with the gun in a safe but attentive angle.