Quinceañera Problems

Ah, Quinceañeras. What a joy, right? Ofcourse I haven't had mine yet so how would I know? Whilst I deviously find a corrupt way to slickly avoid answering this question, allow me to give a long lecture about them in an old fashioned manner convincing you that I'm very cool and smart. That's pure blissful and fraudful denial with a non existent hint of lingering liability. 

Quinceañeras are prominently held in Hispanic culture when a female family member is on the verge of turning 15, alas the dodged traditions commence- whether the female willingly wishes to or is forced to due to highly Catholic parents. 

The symbolism of a Quinceañera is the transition of childhood to womanhood. Quinceañeras are said to have originated in ancient Aztec Civilization in present day Mexico. Ofcourse others may argue that it was all the Spanish Conquistadors. Well, yes and no. 

Before the Spanish Conquistadors came to colonize present day Mexico, a Quinceañera wasn't much of a religious ceremony.

Quinceañera traditions have heavily altered since then and don't represent the exact ideas of a 1500's AD era. How would you like to get married off and expected to start a family despite being Lesbian or Asexual and or it all interfering with your feminism beliefs?

Luckily, we're living in a modernized 21st century. Contemporary traditions consist of :

1) Get up early in the morning to luxuriously fitting on your quinces dress, get both your hair and make up done. yAy!-

GET THAT *casually forgets name of that specific*ah, foundation. I think-

Isn't that shit smeary? *shrugs*

OKAY LADIES, SLIP THIS DRESS ON!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT DOESN'T FIT?-

I guess I shouldn't have eaten that one cookie last night. Let's stich it up then! *sassily snaps fingers* I ain't got all day.

I said focus on me. FOCUS ON MEEEE

2) Catholic Mass.

This one pretty much explains itself, doesn't it? All I'm saying is to give thanks and pray to God that you've made it this far ❤❤❤

3) The Court.

Gather around with your Damas, Chamabelanes, Family and Friends in a festive celebration ALL ABOUT YOU

Here's a little background on Damas and Chambalanes; Damas are the females and Chamabelanes are the males. However I think that those who don't identify as either or both should too be included >:') 

Speaking of Chamabelanes *evil chuckle* Richie was so wrong. Back in 2018 I said that if I was to have/ be invited to a Quinceañera I wouldn't be traditional and instead wear pants. It went something like this:

Me: I'd wear pants instead. Screw dresses. I hate them, I hate them all! I'll never ever wear one again! Why do we girls have to he confined to wearing them still? Why can't we wear what the men wear? *gives a long feminist rant* 

Richie: You can be a Chamabelane then

Me: But that's for guys-

Richie: Exactly.

Reminds me of the time we were talking about weddings . . . 

Richie: When I get married-

Me: Hold up- Why are we all expected to marry? Not every woman has to get married you know

Friends: *le gasp* Are you saying Richie isn't worthy enough to get married? *get all defensive*

Me: No no- I mean- *sigh*