26. Masquerade

The Dreadful Present

Namjoon's Pov

I was in the torture room, with some sort of gas surrounding me. Jin and his men were around me. The aura was very tense and I was feeling slightly nervous about what was going to happen next.

A horrible stench filled my airways, slightly choking me. My eyes were getting heavy. My head throbbing and my throat was burning like fire. I couldn't stop that poison-like air from entering my poor lungs. Due to my hands being tied to the chair with a painfully thick rope restraining me from doing anything. Tears burning down my swollen cheeks at the thought of what might happen.

But I deserve it right? I hurt Jin, so it means I have to also suffer right? This might be nothing compared to what my Jinnie might have experienced. The pain that he had to go through, and not only physical pain but mental pain. Half of his life might have been ruined because of one stupid misunderstanding. If this is how I can repay him, then I can last 7 more days.

"J-Jinnie" I whispered in my dying voice. Jin was about to put on his gas mask but he stopped and looked at me. He gave me a gentle smile, a smile that I haven't received from him for about 5 years. A smile that reminds me of my same Jinnie, who used to care for me and do basically anything for me and only me. He finally tightened the enormous mask on his handsome face. He again looked at me with those dark eyes.

"This carbon monoxide gas can kill you in less than 10 minutes from now on. First, it will affect your breathing then your lungs and your brain will slowly start shutting down. So you better escape from here asap." Jin said in a muffled but dominant voice. "Today is the day that you can actually prove that you are truly sorry about what you did then. You can show me that you are not just a fragile piece of glass. Cause I don't like people like that.

What you have to do is, escape this place, come to the masquerade and then torture the people you want to. Your minimum is 2 and the maximum is 10. So torture as many people within that range. You have to find a dark red door in the palace, that's where you are going to do it. I want to see if you are brave enough to be with me." "W-what if...I-I am not able to...do it," I said slowly. Just then, he came closer to my face, I stared at him deeply. "Well, then you are going to see me getting married to someone...that's not you." He said. Anger instantly boiled up in me. "NO! No, you won't" I shouted with whatever I had in me. He also backed away.

"Now, I will see you either later...or in hell." With that, he left with his men.

The clicking noise of the door rang multiple times around the muted room. I can't die just yet. I can't die, I have to live for Jin. The thought motivated me to escape no matter what. By now I was holding my breath trying to do the tactics that they do during snorkelling. Look, it's the only thing I can think of right now.

I tried pulling my hand out but obviously failed. But I then tried to slide off the ropes tied around my legs. I squeezed my legs hard and took an attempt to pull it out. It kind of worked but not enough. I decided to shake my legs harder and after a while tried biting the rope.

I was getting out of oxygen now so I did the same thing all over again. And guess what, I finally got out of the ropes. I took a small amount of air and was not breathing again. My hands were still restrained. I thought of what I could do. It was getting tougher to keep holding my breath so I quickly took a short breath. It was getting difficult to concentrate and keep up my energy. I remembered the time when I rolled my arm in 360 degrees. Yes! I can try doing that here. I straightened my body and back and slowly rolled my hands forward. Once I got my hands on my lap I took a small breath. I quickly started biting and opening the ropes from my mouth.