DESIRE OF THE SOUL

Whoa things are escalating  quickly. It was supposed to be just our first date  now im standing in his kitchen wearing his clothes and cooking his dinner. Who are you and what did you do with maya??

It was almost 10pm. Preethi and Taniya must be worried sick by now. Maya asked adhi to put in the noodle and masala and switch off the stove when the water is boiled off. She took her phone and it was flooded with text from Taniya and Preethi. Her mom even called twice.

Where do they think I am? Lying in a ditch?

Maya dialled Preethi's number and waited. By the second ring curses were flowing through the phone like a waterfall. Maya just put the phone away from her ears for a few minutes and waited. When the conversation became slower she placed back to her ears.

"You have no idea how worried we were. I even called jeeth to check if he knows something."

Maya's eyes grew wide. Like super wide. "What the hell Preethi! Why would you call that son of a bitch? "

Adhi's head peaked out from the kitchen door. Eyebrows towards the sky.

"Whoa. Someone's in a bad mood." Preethi exclaimed.

"Of course im in a bad mood. That guy  showed up at our date and had a huge fight with adhi."

"What!!??" 2 voices echoed from the other side of the phone.

"Yeah. Adhi's hurt. I think he broke his  hand."

"Where are you now? Hospital?"

"Ask her which one we'll go now" Taniya and Preethi  voiced their concerns.

"No. We're not at the hospital" maya let out a sigh.

"Then where are you? "

"Adhi's place." Maya blushed scarlett.

"Whattttt???"

"Ohhh my godddd" The squeeles and scream of the girls made made maya laugh.

She was so lost in the conversation that she didnt notice Adhi standing right beside her. She jumped when she saw him and he motioned her towards the dining table.

"Maya you sure about this?  I mean its just your first date and your already at his place. Dont you think this is going too fast.?" Taniya asked.

"Taniya its not what you think. His mom is working tonight and that guy can barely pick up his phone with that hand. I cant leave him alone like  that" Maya whispered to the phone but saw adhi blushing through the corner of her eyes.

Shit! He heard.

"I know. But still....."

"Oh please Taniya not everyone thinks about sex all the time."

"Just give her a few hours it will start" Taniya left her 2cent comment too.

Preethys voice boomed through the phone.  "So you're staying there tonight? "

"Yup I'll make it back by 6 am. Isn't that when the guards change their shift?"

"Yeah...." preethy sounded far off. Which means she was plotting.

"I'll steal the keys from the warden.. somehow.. and then open the door for you at 6. "  preethy informed her of the game plan. She was such an angel.

"Okay I'll see you tomorow  then"

"Allright. Oooh maya did you know taniya got promoted to 2nd year."

"Heh?? How?? I thought she was repeating this year." Maya scratched her head in confusion.

Adhi's protest came from behind."Maya food is getting cold."