EPILOGUE

3 years later

ADHI'S POV

The neon red sign that said operation theatre flashed over my head as I sat on the wooden chairs outside of it. My elbows on my knees, my hands trembling as I pray. Please let them be ok. Please let her and the baby be ok. I have only heard of premature labor until I saw it now. We were just watching some tv and she screamed in pain. Ive never been so scared in my life. She was 7 months in her pregnancy but this was so unexpected.

I looked at my watch for the time, it was 3 am in the morning. She has been inside for almost four hours now, what's taking them so long. I run my hands through my hair. I look up and see arjun pacing the hall up and down with his daughter sleeping on his shoulder. He has been doing that for the past hour. I cant even imagine what's going on through his head. If im so tensed about Tara, how much pressure must be he in. I walk over to him and make him sit down.

"You need to calm down. You cant exhaust yourself. Once the baby comes lets say you wont be sleeping anymore" I say and a small smile spreads on his lips.

"What is she doing?" arjun says as his eyes look behind me. I follow his line of sight and I run towards it.

"Maya what are you doing?" I grab the two cups of coffee from her as she was struggling to hold them with her swollen fingers.

"I went to get coffee, you guys need to be awake when junior gets here. Okay, Dad here's your double shot coffee" she says to arjun "and this is your regular." Maya hands me my cup.

I help her sit down on the wooden bench. "I told you to rest. You've been up all day"

"What kind of an aunt would I be if im not here to see my nephew or niece comes? First impressions matter you know" she pouts.

"I know" I laugh "But in your condition?"

"Im pregnant, I dont have paralysis. I can walk perfectly fine" Maya says and rests her hands on her stomach swollen with life.

I have never been this happy in my life than the day maya told me I was going to be a father. She had hid the pregnancy test in my socks. When I was getting ready I saw the test and I broke down. From there it was paradise. With Tara right there, who was already expecting and had a two year old daughter, we didnt have to worry not one bit. The grandchildren has brought my dad back into the picture, Ananya - Arjun's daughter loves her grandpa and he absolutely adores her. Arya still cant believe that she is an aunt at 11 years old.

The door opened and the nurse calls out Tara's name. I immediately run to Arjun and take Ananya from his arms. She just cuddles into my arms and her adorable nose scrunches, I melt right there. I really wish its two girls. Oh did I forget to tell you, Maya and I are having twins. She is only 4 months along and she already has an enormous belly. I have no idea how we conceived twins, its kind of a hereditary thing right? The only explanation we have is that, maya's birth father mustve been a twin.

The nurse hands Arjun a small white bundle. Arjun nearly breaks down and says "Its a boy"

"Oh my god!" Maya says and she runs over to him.

"Careful maya, for the love of god" I run behind her making sure she doesn't fall.

The baby is absolutely adorable. He is pink and has the exact same nose as Ananya's. When I take one oh his tiny hands into mine and he immediately closes his entire fist around my one finger. Tears fall down my cheek as I watch him. Maya rests her head on my shoulder as she watches her nephew.

"This will be us in a few months" I tell her.

"I cant wait" she says as she takes the baby from arjun's hands.

Maya has become an expert at baby handling. During tara's pregnancy with Ananya maya has never left her side, not for one minute. When the baby came maya wouldn't put her down, she wouldn't let anyone other than Tara touch the baby. Not even me. I was outraged, she is my niece too.

"Anu, wake up. meet your brother" I try to wake my niece up. She sits up her tiny arms scratching her eyes. When she sees the baby her face lit up. She babbles something in baby language which we translates as welcome to the family. Ananya takes hold of the baby's hands and he starts crying. Ananya immediately pulled back but got scared and started crying herself.

"No baby dont cry" I tried to make her stop crying as maya started rocking the baby In her arms slowly humming to him. A smile immediately pasted on my lips. She's going to be a great mother. My eyes meet hers as she smiles at me. Arjun was summoned inside as Tara was awake.

"Maya will you?" Arjun pointed at the baby.

"I got him. go" She says without even looking up at him. Her eyes were fixed on the tiny human being infront of us. Ananya stopped crying and started talking to me In her language. I reply to her I her language as well and she bursts out in giggles. It is the most purest sound in the world.

How did I get so lucky? I look over at my wife and my unborn children. I guess the saying is correct. Each drop of tear is costlier than anything in the world, if you spend it too much the universe takes it as payment for the happiness in the future.

I am happy. I feel complete.

-------------------------------------------------------

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR BEING IN THIS JOURNEY WITH ME. IT WAS SUCH A BUMPY RIDE, THERE WERE TIMES I THOUGHT ABOUT QUITTING, TIMES WHEN I DOUBTED MY WRITING SKILLS. BUT THIS BOOK, MY FIRST BABY, BROUGHT ME CONFIDENCE.

THANKYOU FOR EVERYONE WHO GAVE THIS STORY A CHANCE. I LOVE YOU ALL. THANKYOU FOR ALL YOUR KIND MESSAGES AND APPRECIATION, THOSE WERE MY FUEL.

#ADYA HAS COME TO AN END. THEYVE BEEN THROUGH A LOT, BUT IN THE END ALL THEIR TEARS PAID OFF. LOVE TRIUMPHS ALL.

DONT YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO VIVEK'S MYSTERY GIRLFRIEND IS? DONT WORRY THE STORY OF THEIR LIFE IN THESE 3 YEARS MUST BE TOLD, SO WIP2 WILL COME SOON, NOT ANY TIME SOON, I HAVE ANOTHER STORY PLANNED. BUT IT WILL HAPPEN.

THE CONDITIONS I PUT MY CHARACTERS THROUGH WERE MY METHOD OF COPING THROUGH MY TRAUMA AND TO BRING AWARENESS TO PEOPLE ABOUT CHILD ABUSE, BULLYING, HOMOSEXUALITY AND OBSSESION. I HOPE I DIDNT OFFEND ANY OF YOU.

ALL THE CHARACTER AESTHETICS AND THEIR WEDDING OUTFITS ARE SET AND READY IF YOU WANT TO SEE THEM PLEASE INFORM ME.

PLEASE SHARE YOUR COMMENTS AND IF YOU LIKED MY STORY PLEASE DO SHARE IT. I LOVE YOU ALL, THANKYOU SO MUCH.

TOODLES ❤❤