TWISTING TIMES

Maya's pov

The 5 day train ride from mumbai to kerala was boring. But now with my nemesis in the opposite seat it was loathful.

We didn't talk much. There was the occasional glance lookaway game. But it was okay. What was not okay was his attempts in making conversation.

"Are you hungry?"

"Are you cold?"

"Do you need my charger?"

Ughhhhh!!!! Why would i need his charger?

Even though i did need a charger, because my wireless headset ran out  of charge and i forgot to bring its charger, there was no way in hell i was going to take his charger.

Even though i spat out a stern No to him i found my headset plugged in the charging slot next morning.

Things like that would make him a gentleman but i knew his real colors.

The damage he did to me was beyond measure. Although not by him alone his actions was a major trigger.

What was done to me both emotionally and physically wrecked me. Attempting to suicide was a stupid decision but i was desperate. I just wanted the pain to end and i couldnt find any other way to do that.

The day i woke up at the hospital i remember my mom and Tara's tear strikem face and a tight slap from grandma for not going to her when things got tuff.

My grandma is my birth mom's mother. Most family's dont stay in touch with their grandchild if the link in the family is dead. But my gran is the best. She not only stayed in my life but was the only relief for me during dad's reign.

Me and tara are basically twins. That family has accepted me and my mom as their own and it is something im really proud of. Tara's father Jeevan uncle has been the closest thing to a father ive got. Afterall mine is just a show piece.

After my stupid decision i stayed at gran's place for almost a month. I was wrecked couldnt eat, couldnt sleep. Being happy was far out of the equation.

I can't cry now. Not because i dont want to. There were multiple times i wished to cry out my frustration but couldnt. My subconsious has created an emotional block in my mind. I cannot physically cry eventhough i feel sorrow and sadness.

I didnt even cry when our dog ruby died. That's when tara figured out something was wrong with me. Months and months of therapy was needed to figure out the reason.

My dad.

Big surprise i know. I dont know when but that day during the beating dad had said that i cry for sympathy and i was an attention seeker. Somehow those words triggered my subconsious that crying means begging for attention.

I stayed with grandma after that. For almost 3 years. I studied for the HND entrance from there and got admitted in a college of event management. I studied for 3 years and started working as an assistant in Quatra events for about a year.

Now after 3 years of getting coffee and organising my boss's desk,files and schedule I'm the team leader of design. Im quite happy i turned out this way. I liked law but not that much. But this profession suits me.

I like being busy. It keeps your mind occupied and prevents it from wandering of to uncharted territories. Thats why i chose this job. A professional organiser. Busy as hell.

It was the last day of the train ride. I would reach my station i about half an hour. So i was going to getting all my stuff into the suitcase.

But ironically it was placed on the berth right above mr.satan.But still i need to get my suitcase. So i mustered up my courage and went over to his side.