HOME

"Please tell me you have alcohol in that bag" vivek snatched the bag from me.

"Why do you think i decided to travel in the train for 5 days , when i could have flown here in a day?"

I pulled out 6 bottles of vodka buried underneath my clothes.

"YAAAAAAAS!!!" He squeeled in delight and grabbed all the bottles.

"No no no. Only two for now." Tara said.

I gave her a secret smile.

We were all gathered near the pond in our backyard. It was almost like a pond had a sitting area. Several steps laced with green moss served as redcarpet to whomever came to the pond. By all i mean all of my cousins. There were almost 17 of us.

Ajith one of my cousins from Tara's moms side rushed in with plastic shot glasses.

"We need to quiet ammumma will come by this side for her bath now." He hushed.

"She already bathed sometime ago. I made sure of that" it was swathy who answered.

It was kind of a bachelorette party for tara. Tonight will be the last night she will sleep as a single women. From tommorow there will a ring on her finger which will scream 'taken'!.

The only person who wasnt going to drink was dhriti. She was sitting by the entrance of the pond , keeping watch. She had a huge bottle of diet coke and a shot glass just so she wasnt left out.

"Do you remember the last time we did this was the night before your wedding?" I asked varun.

"Ughh!!! Dont remind me." Varun groaned.

"Why?? What happened?" Pooja asked.

An echoed chuckle rose from the group. It was mahima who answered.

"He was hammered. He started reciting these poems from school and started rambling about the different type of nuts or something?"

We all laughed. "Nuts??" Pooja asked fighting a giggle.

I used my nails to tap on the vodka bottle which was almost empty now.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Allow me the displeasure of acknowledging the fact that tara is getting engaged and we should torture her about the deadly slopes of marriage".

"Oh yeah. You're screwed" the couple answered.

I raised a toast and everyone joined.
"Tara. You are a terrible cook. God bless Arjun's stomach. You are a crazy organiser, and you snuggle like a koala bear."

Laughs rose from the crowd " but you will be one hell of a wife. And that guy whomever he is, Is lucky to have you. And no matter how good a guy he might be hes not good enough for you. No one ever will be in my eyes because you deserve the utmost best."
Tears welled up in my eyes when i finished.

Tara jumped up and hugged me.

Quite a few speeches followed. Old memories were revisited and a lot of ghost stories and another bottle of vodka later we all scrambled towards our room.

My head was pounding and i was almost dragging my feet while walking. Yup im drunk. We should got out room and sleep it out.

But me and tara drifted towards the kitchen.

The engagement was tomorrow evening, but to not be rushed our caterers had already prepared the welcome drink aka orange flavoured rasna in a huge quantity and stocked in an icebox.

There were 2 portions of the drink. One was stored in a huge steel container and sealed with plastic wrap. Another portion was also in a huge steel container but was covered with a steel lid. That was our target.