DUST AND COBWEBS

Maya's POV

Amumma just called me and told me that we had to leave, at 4AM. She said all stuff about it was to dodge police checking, and to reach there and come back within appropriate times. But I couldn't hear anything after 4am because of the steam coming from my ears.

I was already upset about this whole ordeal and now I have to travel with my ex,as a fake couple, on a motorbike for almost an hour and a half, dodging cops, with masks and helmet on barely able to breathe, And on top of that sleep deprived.

Ohh this was going to be one peachy road trip.

Before I packed my stuff, for the trip, I decide to work on the design of the pandal. There was 3 events associated with the wedding coming up. Haldi, Sangeeth night and the Wedding. Just because we we're stuck in here, doesn't mean Jeevan uncle is gonna spare any expense for his daughter's wedding. He is such a great father.

I wonder if mine will even rent a hall to have my wedding. Nah that will be too expensive, he will probably make me have a court marriage.

I let out a huge sigh and packed a change of clothes, my headphones, charger, and a book. Never rely on electronics for your leisure, men are more reliable than them. Nothing beats the company of a good book with a lot of blood shed and an enemies to lovers romance.

Just as I was about to zip my bag close when Geetha aunty walked in carrying three huge bottles of pickles. I groaned and clutched the bag to my chest.

"don't be childish momo open the bag."i gasped, Geetha aunty was using her trump card, the nickname only she and I knew.

One time when I was visiting Tara, Jeevan uncle had bought us four momo's to each, two each. after finishing mine I snuck into the kitchen and ate one of tara's too. but Geetha aunty caught me and I almost choked to death on momo. Since then whenever I would do some mischief she would call me Momo.

"Why am I taking these gigantic pickle bottles to her? I thought we didn't like her" I whispered.

"No we don't like her. But its not nice to a house empty handed. Always go bearing gifts. Now that you are a married women you must know these kind of stuff" she said with a knowing smile on her face.

My shoulders slumped " et tu Geetha" I said dramatically clutching me chest.

Geetha aunty swatted at my head and picked the bag from my hands and stuffed the bottles inside.

"baby I know you don't like it. I don't like it either that you have to go with a strange man you barely even know of. But what can we do. Its for the greater good. And Adhi is a good boy. he is Arjun's brother, and Arjun is now your brother. which kind of makes Adhi your brother too" she said a small blush forming on her cheeks.

OH MY GOD. They're scared that I might hook up with him, so they are brother zoning him for me.

"Ohh gross, aunty im not gonna. . ." I cringed " do stuff with him. do you think that less of me" I was hurt that they think I might hook up with a stranger. I mean I might, if he's hot enough but they cant think like that.

"no honey. that's not I meant. I mean, you both are young, hot blooded. He is such a good looking boy and at you age, it might happen. im not blaming you, I've been there" she stammered not meeting my eyes.

"What?? Really?" I couldn't believe what I just heard. Geetha aunty sexcapading. its gross and intriguing at the same time.

She flashed a naughty grin " How do you think I met your uncle?"

I started laughing hysterically clutching my stomach. Geetha aunty ruffled my hair and left. I was still laughing when an uncomfortable Tara came in. Her eyes were rimmed with Red like she were crying. The laugh died from lips, I was immediately on my feet.