THE DAY BEFORE DHOLARE

MAYA'S POV

The Sangeeth is today evening. The bride's side of the family was gathered in the living room. Kids, elders, even the dog Polo, who just came back from his local adventure to gods knows where. Vivek was sitting beside me as my co-plotter. We were planning the most secret assignment ever.

Trying to destroy the grooms side's dance programme.

Our dance was set and prepared and let me tell you it is fantastic. I didn't know my amummas hips moved like butter. Jeevan uncle and Latha aunty had a duet choreo. Amumma was the center dancer of the girl's dance. Even my asshole of a dad was dancing with the uncles. Because he loves everyone except me.

I turned to the whiteboard, or the makeshift whiteboard made with four big slices of flower paper. I had drawn my game plan over there. Well, Vivek drew it I explained.

It was simple. We go over to the outhouse, we either copy the song they have selected and dance to it before they get to do it, Or We destroy their entire soundtrack. The classic break the CD, damage the pen drive that sort of thing.

Vivek had declared war yesterday. I dont know what happened between Adhi and him, but Vivek hates him now. He only disliked him earlier now it is pure nemesis. I called adhi and asked him what happened but he laughed and said that he is just being protective. I agree but this is more than that.

Every time I mention adhi or every time someone mentions my wedding Vivek fumes like a dragon in a microwave. And varun just bursts out laughing every time. Something has happened last night and I have to find out.

And because of this feud Vivek volunteered to be the bait. He will go hide the track when I distract the hottest guy in the room. My boyfriend. And the matter of the rest of his cousins, that I will have to improvise when I get there.

Tara was completely excluded from this mission because the love-struck puppy will immediately blabber it to his man, who is a blabber mouth himself and go tell his blabber mouth brother and the whole family will know. So its a secret.

As we go down there, Vivek in complete robber makeover, Black hoodie, black pants and black gloves.

"We have one shot and thats it. Please dont overdo it, just grab the track and leave discreetly. you know what that mean right? Dont create a scene." I pressed.

"I know, I know"

"Just wait until I seduce adhi -"

"Seduce adhi??" Vivek grabbed my hand and starting walking back to the direction we came from.

"Thats your game plan, you be the temptress and I will be the robber?"

"You got a better idea?"

"Well no but"

"But what? And besides Ive done worse with him" I slapped my hand to my lips the minute those words left my mouth.

Vivek shrieked "What?? YOU SLEPT WITH HIM?"

"No Not yet. Thats not what I meant." I tried to cover up my mess but dragon was about to explode the microwave now.

"Ugh I dont believe that guy. GOD! I wanna kill him. Who does he think he is to date my sister?" he yelled.

I just stared at him with wide eyes, this guy takes territorial to a whole new level. A small spread across my lips as I asked " What happened between you and him? Why are you wound up?"

"Because that idiot is gonna propose thats why!"

My jaw hit the floor. "What?"

"Oh shit shit shit shit. Oh im such a snitch." Vivek panted.