BITTERSWEET

Maya's pov

The morning of the engagement fled away like a fly on fire. So fast i could barely keep track of the makeup artist stuffing hairpins into Tara's hair.

She looked gorgeous in her purple velvet lehenga. Her makeup was already done all that was left was the hair.

My makeup was being done my another makeup artist, the one who doesnt touch the bride, and i had to admit i looked pretty good.

My hair was simple. Straightened and curled at the ends. My pink lehenga identical to dhriti's flowed on the floor.

Dhriti was clicking a gazzilion selfies me barely in 4 or 5 of them. It was just 4 in the afternoon we were getting ready this early bcoz... you know.. we are girls.. we take time.

The grooms party had yet to arrive. They had called and told that they had left the morning and it would hours to reach here.

I was getting sick from the smell of hairsprays and the sound of hairpins cackling. I sat up from the bed where i was sitting and walked out to the room where the boys were getting dressed. I passed my other cousins and aunts who were also done getting ready and posed with them for selfies.

I slowly started to the boys room but the loud honk of horns lead me to the window.

I saw a traveller bus entering our drive way. The groom was here.
And behind that traveller was the most gorgeous black car I've ever seen.

And then i saw it. It was not just a black car. It was The car.

It was a black cheverlot impala 1967. Dean winchester's baby.

"Son of a bitch" it left my mouth without me even knowing.

The groom's family started getting down from the bus and there was no one to greet them.

I dashed accross the corridoor and banged on jeevan uncle's door.

"Uncle.... the groom and family is here. You need to go down there" i yelled through the door.

I heared a curse from the other side.
"Maya. Im not ready yet honey. You go down there and give them the key to the outhouse. Let them rest and freshen up there" he slid the key set through the door and i picked it up and rushed to the door.

A lot of women and kids draped in silk sarees and colorful frocks and head covered in jasmine flowers stood in the drive way. Waving there pallu at their faces indicting it was hot.

The men though were all dressed in casuals. And i saw my brother in law leaning against the car.

"Hiii. Sorry for the delay everyone's getting ready. Im maya. Im the bride's cousin. You guys can go and freshen up in the outhouse over there. Let me take you" i led them towards the house.

We provided them with necessary items. Snacks and drinks were brought by dhriti and pooja followingly. A little girl ran upto me and pulled on my dhupptta.

"Hello" i knelt beside her.

"You're so pretty" she poked at my cheeks.

"Thank you. But you're prettier." I poked her cheek in return and she giggled.

"What's your name?"

"Arya. Im 9." she started picking at the stones in my duppatta.

"Okay arya sweetie. Aunty has to go now. I'll meet you soon okay." I held my hand up for a high five but she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Okay...." i waved to her and walked out the house.

I saw arjun talking loudly at someone. A few guys were still in the bus unloading the luggage.