BETRAYAL, LIES AND PAIN

Warning: Ragging, abuse, self harm.

Taniya...

Maya collapsed on the floor and brought her head between her knees and wept, Preethi followed her. Utter disbelief and shock passed through their face. Taniya. Their best friend who stood with them all this time sold maya out. Although she didnt do anything to Preethi, Maya could see the rage building in her face.

"That bitch.... How dare she... I cant... Taniya.." Preethi was babbling random stuff. But all maya could do was sit their with tears streaming down her face. Preethi was pacing the room her hands curled in a fist at her sides. Vishnu knelt beside her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Heyy you okay?" He whispered.

"Why would she do this to me? What did i do to her to deserve this?" Maya choked out between sobs.

"Heyyyy..." Vishnu began to pull maya into a hug but a distant deep voice boomed in her ears.

"Maya......" she looked around and saw Adhi running towards them. She jumped up from the fetal position and ran towards him. He captured her in an embrace.

She began to break into sobs. "It was taniya.. she did this to us" she said with her face buried in adhi's chest.

Adhi didnt seem surprised it was almost as if he knew. Maya didnt have the energy to pry and cried into his arms. He captured her in a tight hug and whispered soothing words in her ears.

"Maya we need to talk" he looked at preethy and vishnu "alone".

Maya nodded and looked towards Preethi. As if understanding the pause preethy and vishnu stepped out if the classroom. Vishnus gaze lingering on maya's face a tad longer when he passed.

"Adhi what are we gonna do? Why did taniya do this? Ive always been good to her." Maya whimpered.

Adhi was looking at the window. It looked like he was lost in thought. 

"Adhi are you even listening.." before she could complete he captured her lips in his. This kiss was urgent, as if he was dying of thirst and she was water. Before she could get lost in that kiss she pushed adhi away. A stray tear ran down his cheek.

"What's wrong with you? We are in some deep shit here and you're .... you're..... crying?" Maya's voice went down an octave. "Adhii"

"Its all because of." Tears started flowing from his eyes.

"No... no its not because of you stop blaming yourself." She stepped closer to him and took his hands in hers.

He took a deep breath and exhaled. "No its not because of me.. ITS BECAUSE OF YOU!!!" he yelled at her.

Maya stepped back a couple of paces. Shock plastered across her face. Hurt and pain slowly infesting her heart.

"Ever since i met you, Ever since i saved you from jeeth its been trouble. I should  have left you alone to strip that day. I wouldnt have been in this mess now" Maya flinched. This sharp pain spread  across her chest.

"Because of you and your stupid 'i cant leave him alone with a broken hand' thing all of this happened." She couldnt say anything. It was like her tongue got frozen in her mouth.

"And now because of you im gonna lose my scholarship. Im gonna fail my mom, my brother BECAUSE OF YOU!!"

"I'm done maya. I'm done. I can't do this anymore. We're over" he said didnt meeting her eyes.

"What??" Maya croaked her voice barely audible.

"I'm breaking up with you. But dont worry i will take that video down at any cost. Not for you. But for me." Maya started shaking with rage, hurt and most of all one emotion got registered in her mind BETRAYAL.