Cat and Mouse

The three of them held the door closed. Daire began looking wildly for something to keep it shut.

" Lock it, lock it," Scott huffed.

            "Do I look like I have the key?" Stiles shouted back at him.

"Grab something," Scott shouted back

            " I'm looking" Daire replied scanning around them again.

" Anything Daire hurry up," Scott replied.

            Suddenly Stiles got his idea face, the one where he his entire face goes blank and you know that what he's planning wont end well. Though honestly Daire was very glad to see that face it meant they werent gonna end up dead right at this moment.

        Stiles stumbled, but reached up looking through the small window in the door. Daire followed his lead and got up. She and Scott looked out the window trying to see what Stiles was looking at. Down the cement stairs was the bolt cutter she used to get them inside. They figured out what his plan was. Grab the bolt cutter and place it through the doors handles. But there was one major flaw in his otherwise smart idea.

            The damn thing was outside with the Alpha.

Stiles grabbed the door handles; Scott placed his hand on his shoulders.

            " No" Scott said.

" Yes," Stiles says shrugging him off.

            " I'll do it," Daire told the boys. Slipping in between the doors. She quickly ran down the stairs and picked up the bolt cutter. She held it up just in case the Alpha came up to her, it could make a semi decent weapon. Suddenly Scott and Stiles were banging on the door and pointing behind her. Daire turned around to see the Alpha standing behind Stiles' jeep.

            It's red eyes glowing in the night, the same red eyes that seemed to bore into her soul at the video rental store, less then 15 feet away from her. Without a second thought Daire sprinted up the stairs and threw herself through the door. The boys slammed it shut and placed the bolt cutter through the handles.

Catching her breath Daire again joined them at the window only to see that the Alpha was gone.

            " Where the hell did it go?" she asked.

Stiles turned on the flashlight Scott had been holding earlier.

            " I don't know," Scott replied.

They all backed away from the metal doors.

            " That won't hold will it?" he asked.

" Nope."

        Slowly they turned to face the hallway. With the lights off it was pitch black. Making it look like they were in one of those horror movies, unexpectedly a distant howl rang out. The teens ran down the hall, entering the nearest open classroom. Scott and Stiles immediately reached for the teacher's desk. They began shoving it, aiming to create a blockade.

            " Stop, the door's not gonna keep it out" Daire told them.

" I know," Scott replied.

            " It's your boss," Stiles said suddenly.

Scott freaked out, " what?"

            " Deaton, the Alpha, your boss," Stiles pointed out.

" What? No," Scott replied.

            " Yes, murdering psycho werewolf," Stiles basically whispered shouted.