Stone Cold

Daire and Stiles finally made it to the hospital. Since his keys were as useful as a dinglehopper, they had to walk all the way there. They entered the hospital, hoping to check in on Lydia and then find Scott or vice a versa.

The elevator began to open and Stiles pushed it, thinking that it would make it open faster.

They began walking across the hall when Mr. Stilinski stepped in front of them glaring at his son.

"You know, it's a good thing we're in a hospital because I'm going to kill you," he whisper shouted.

Stiles gulped, trying to create a believable explanation. "I'm sorry. I lost the keys to my jeep; I had to run all the way here."

"Stiles!" the sheriff practically yelled, clearly not giving a damn. "I don't care!"

Daire fairly uncomfortable looked behind him. In a small room lined with windows, was Lydia. Her mom sitting beside her a worried motherly look on her face. Daire could see at least 3 machines that were connected to the strawberry blonde. Daire again gripped her now healed arm wishing that it was her in the hospital room, not Lydia.

Daire cut off Mr. Stilinski, "Is she going to be okay?"

The sheriff looked at the girl his expression softening at the concerned look on her face. He sighed, running his hand over his face. "They don't know. Partially because they don't know what happened. She lost a lot of blood but there's smotheing else going on with her."

Daire blinked officially confused, "What do you mean?"

"Doctor says it's like she's having an allergic reaction. She keeps going in and out of shock. Did either of you see anything? So you have any idea who or what attacked her?"

Stiles faltered, swallowing. "No. We have no idea."

"What about Scott?" the sheriff probed.

"W-what do you mean? What about Scott?"

"Did he see anything?" Mr. Stilinski sighed.

Daire's eyes widened in realization, "He's not here?"

"What? I've tried calling him on my cell phone. I've gotten no response," Mr. Stillinksi shouted in frustration.

Daire looked over at Lydia's room again, only to see Jackson staring back at her. Figuring he overheard their conversation she looked at him intently hoping that he knew where Scott was.

I don't know, he mouthed, shrugging. Useless asshat.

"Yeah and you're not going to get one," Stiles sighed.

Fifteen minutes later, Stiles' dad was walking them down a hallway. "Look, kids. Don't worry about it. Just go wait with your friends."

"Dad, just tell use. You know it has something to do with Derek!" Stiles sighed.

The sheriff gave them a quizzical look. " I thought you said you barely knew him?"

Daire slightly rose her hand cringing, " we may know him a little better than that."

Stiles' dad let out another sigh. He grabbed the back of his son's neck, pulling him away from everyone in an earshot. Daire followed them.

"You do realize I'm elected to this job right?" Stiles' dad asked.

Stiles waved his arms. "And if I help you figure this out you'll be reelected, am I right?"

Daire smiled slightly, "He's right"