When I say bite me, don't

It was the night of the Winter Formal and Daire was in the middle of rewatching Fairy Tail and getting ready for the dance. If she were to be honest Daire would rather stay home watch Fairy Tail and eat ice cream instead of going to a stupid dance. Mainly because she could feel the tensions between her family and the Alpha rising, but if she was truly honest it was because she was terrified about Peter being right about her. What if she was being played right in the middle of his hands? Was she even in control of herself of her life? So in response to these unanswered questions Daire was now watching Natsu and the rest of the guild alliance attacking the Oración Seis to prevent Nirvana from activating. It was a nice distraction but it was only a distraction.

Daire ended up riding in the back of Jackson's Porsche, Allison was shotgun next to Jackass. They arrived at the dance and Allison and Jackass had some sort of conversation (Daire was zoned out listening to Disney music on her Spotify), which ended with Jackass taking a swig of some sort of alcohol and getting out of the car. By the time Daire put her phone in her purse and got out of the car she could see the familiar shape of her best friend on the schools roof. She let out a small laugh, " Idiot" before turning to Stiles and Lydia who had just arrived.

"Jackson, you look handsome," Lydia commented once she hopped out of the jeep.

Jackass smirked, "Obviously, it's Hugo Boss"

"And no one cares, so get going, stupid head" Daire grumbled before pushing Jackson to get moving.

She turned to face Lydia and Stiles, " I don't care, I do not want compliments, I will not fall prey to society's desire to turn girls into insecure neurotics who pull up their dresses at the first flattering remark." Lydia sighed after her rant.

Daire looked between the strawberry blonde and Stiles, urging him to say something.

"Well I think you look beautiful." Stiles stated.

Lydia sent him a shy smile, " really?"

Stiles turned and offered the girl his arm and with newfound confidence Lydia took it.

Daire let a big grin grow on her face before she let out a low-key squeal, "my ships are sailing!" before walking into the school.

The dance was going pretty well, Daire got multiple compliments. She ended up picking the black skater dress with the pretty gold Aztec design on the top and paired it with her combat boots, which of course held her throwing knife incase something were to go wrong. Her dark hair was curly and braided out of her face and for make-up she went along with a smoky eye and a pretty nude pink lip color. The only bummer was that the cute boy from chemistry that she wanted to impress wasn't anywhere to be seen but Carson and Greenburg apparently liked what the saw because Daire had to shut them down multiple times when they tried to dance with her and when they didn't take no for an answer. Well Daire ended up kicking them where they held most their pride.

"Excuse me, sorry!" a voice yelled as a person ran through the crowd. "Hey Daire!"

Daire whipped her head causing her curls to bounce to see who passed her. "Scott?" Why in the world would he be running?

Daire's question was answered when Finstock started yelling," McCall! I see you McCall! It's a small gym buddy!"

Daire kept her eyes on Scott's retreating figure as he pulled Danny off his feet. He wrapped their arms awkwardly around each other and Danny boy definitely had no clue what was going on.