Chapter 4

Aria's thoughts wandered as Eleanor was explaining about the case and the strategy to rookie and knight-ranked specialists in the meeting room. She just stared at Eleanor making hand gestures while explaining. Her another colleague Nyla taps her shoulder breaking her out of trance. She smirks at her knowing that she was staring at Eleanor.

She whispers, "Who are you staring at?" Aria stayed quiet not knowing what to say. Nyla glances at Eleanor then back to her, "Are you staring at Miss Eleanor?"

"What? No-no I'm not." Aria stutters like a mess. "We should head back." she abruptly walks away.

"Be careful, you might trip." Nyla follows her behind.

Eleanor finishes explaining and sits down asking them regarding strategical questions. After a few questions, she dismissed the meeting leaving her alone in the room. She was typing today's report as she suddenly receives a distress signal that a vampire has been spotted in the area.

"A vampire has been spotted in the elementary school. This is not a drill. Please evacuate to a nearest shelter. I repeat, a vampire has been spotted in the elementary school. This is not a drill. Please evacuate to a nearest shelter."

Aria also heard the announcement. "Hurry up!" Nyla grab her hand and runs towards the evacuation exit. As soon as they enter, windows and doors are sealed. Aria looks worried about her daughter. She immediately gets a call from Louisa. She answers, "Hello?"

"Girl, stay where you are! Specialists are on their way!" Louisa voices out of concern.

"But.... what if something bad happens to her?"

"Don't worry- they will keep your daughter safe!"

"Aria, you cannot go outside! It's dangerous!" Nyla grabbed her hand preventing her from leaving the shelter.

Aria takes her hand back and leaves the shelter. Nyla shouts, "Aria! ARIA!"

"Don't rush outside, idiot! Are you liste-" Louisa shouts on the other side but she cuts the call.

_________________

Eleanor tracks the distress signal and immediately heads to the allocated place. Aria arrives at the school catching her breathe. Her eyes grew wide seeing blood splattered and bloody handprints imprinted on the window. She takes a deep breathe and steps inside. Her shock grows wide seeing the shriveled corpse of the security guard. Her legs were trembling in fear. She mustered up her courage strides further. "Lise.... please be safe..... Mom's coming for you."

She could see the blood splashed across the classrooms. She kept moving forward. Soon she reached the classroom. She saw teachers were standing at the corner with children behind them. They were also trembling in fear. A vampire was holding a little girl as a hostage. His fangs were grazing against the girl's neck.

"Did you know that little kids blood are delicious!" Vampire shouts causing the kids to shiver in fear. Tears were falling their eyes but they couldn't raise their voices fearing they will be killed.

"What should I do? That little girl is in danger. Should I become a bait until specialists arrive? I...." flashbacks of rainy nights flash before her eyes where no one came to help her when she was calling for help. "I.....I.....it's alright...." she barges in, "Leave the kid alone! If you want to drink blood so badly..... take mine!" All the teachers and kids looks towards her in shock.

"Miss Aria!" Her teacher looks worried.

Lise hearing her mother's name peeks from her teacher's back. She speaks softly, "Mom, I'm scared."

The vampire looks towards her. He scans her body, "You seem delicious." he drops the kid and suddenly appears in front of her. He scans her body closely. She breaks out in a cold sweat. He sniffs her sweat as well, "You became a mother at such young age." he appears behind Lise. His razor like claws traces her jawline, "She looks exactly like you. I bet she will be delicious as you will. I'll save your daughter for dessert."

"Keep your hands off her." Aria glares at him.

"Okay okay. I won't. Why don't you hug your mother for one last time?" he gestures his hand for Lise to go towards her mother.

"Lise runs towards Aria. She hugs her crying, "Mom, I'm scared. I don't want that Mr. vampire to hurt you!"

"My~ your daughter is so polite." he knelt down in front of, "I have never seen such a polite kid. You taught her well." he stands up and takes few steps back, "As much as I feel sorry..." he smiles wickedly, "Sike! I am sorry kid for your lose!" He jumps towards Aria with his claws, "Say goodbye to your daughter!"

Eleanor rushes in with her eyes gleaming in blue color. She unsheathes her sword, "You are quite a reckless one. Aren't you, Miss Aria?"

The vampire eyes her sideways, "What? I didn't even feel her presence? Who is she?" Eleanor swings her sword from sideways landing a heavy blow on him throwing him on the wall smashing it.

Eleanor stands in front of Aria and her daughter. She stood on guard waiting for the vampire to attack. Teachers and the children were stunned for a moment but Lise's teacher noticed specialist's badge pinned on her trench coat.

"Specialists have arrived, Commander. We are surrounding the building as per your orders." A knight-ranked specialist in-charge speaks in earpiece.

"Send five specialists to evacuate the citizens." Eleanor replies.

"Roger that." Five specialists arrive quickly taking away teachers and children.

Suddenly one specialist was sucked dried alarming other specialists. The vampire was standing at the exit blocking the path of specialists. "Thanks for the meal. It regenerated my injuries caused by the beautiful lady standing in front of me." Her eyes were gleaming in brighter color intimidating the vampire.